PDA

View Full Version : Help, camera refuses to turn on

Nickzzz
09-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Camera boffins help! my camera dosent seem to turn on, it will make a random beep if i keep trying to turn it on, it was working not 15 minutes ago but thats it, i have put fresh batterys in, 1.5v AA's, the memory card has not been tampered with, i have tryed once without it in (being carefull, i am utterly sure these things are delicate)

I noticed when i wanted to upload the images onto my computer yet it didnt turn on, the last thing it did i remember was show the usb option on the screen, i pressed ok as usual and then it froze, nothing happened, so i removed the batterys to restart it as the off button didnt work, i cannot see the removable disk sign my computer usually shows me, humm

The model; Camedia C-350 zoom,

Thanks very much for the help in advance

Nick, and excuse the poor user name im wa sin a hurry :o

Nickzzz
09-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Im just thinking the camera's bust, but i cant rule out the chance that it's some technical camera thing, something like broken flash. being completly innept in the subject i wouldnt know

just read the FAQ, couldnt find anything also had a little search around

D70FAN
09-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Camera boffins help! my camera dosent seem to turn on, it will make a random beep if i keep trying to turn it on, it was working not 15 minutes ago but thats it, i have put fresh batterys in, 1.5v AA's, the memory card has not been tampered with, i have tryed once without it in (being carefull, i am utterly sure these things are delicate)

I noticed when i wanted to upload the images onto my computer yet it didnt turn on, the last thing it did i remember was show the usb option on the screen, i pressed ok as usual and then it froze, nothing happened, so i removed the batterys to restart it as the off button didnt work, i cannot see the removable disk sign my computer usually shows me, humm

The model; Camedia C-350 zoom,

Thanks very much for the help in advance

Nick, and excuse the poor user name im wa sin a hurry :o

You may need to reset the camera. So remove the batteries for 24 hours (just to make sure) and then replace the batteries (you should be using NiMH AA rechargables, not alkalines. Alkalines work, but crap out very quickly). Your camera should work, after reset, but you will have to reset time and date.

If that doesn't work then you may need to send it back to Olympus for repair.

Note: Try to use the regular Olympus forum, in the future, as there are very few Olympus dSLR users out there, but lots of all-in-one folks on the regular board to help you.

Good luck.

Nickzzz
09-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Thank you george, much appreciated. Just to comfirm by removing the batterys for 24 hours thats should reset it? (im one of these lazy press the button types)

cheers

Nick

D70FAN
09-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Thank you george, much appreciated. Just to comfirm by removing the batterys for 24 hours thats should reset it? (im one of these lazy press the button types)

cheers

Nick

Yup. Some cameras take less time, some take about 24 hours. Give it a shot.