PDA

View Full Version : Help Fast

earlesimers
05-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Ok, folks I'm in a bit of a jam here. I'm making a slide show for our wedding and scanned in a whole bunch of photos. I have come across a whole bunch of old ones of me that came out of the same album that have all these yellow blotches on them(SEE ATTACHED IMAGE BELOW), I think there was some kind of wierd chemical on the plastic pages. I don't guess it really matters what caused them, but how the heck am I gonna get rid of them. I don't even know where to start. I do have photoshop cs so I have the right tool just don't know what to do. I consider myself an average user of photoshop, not an expert, but if someone could kindly push me in the right direction I can do it. Thanks for your help in advance.

-E.Simers

John_Reed
05-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Ok, folks I'm in a bit of a jam here. I'm making a slide show for our wedding and scanned in a whole bunch of photos. I have come across a whole bunch of old ones of me that came out of the same album that have all these yellow blotches on them(SEE ATTACHED IMAGE BELOW), I think there was some kind of wierd chemical on the plastic pages. I don't guess it really matters what caused them, but how the heck am I gonna get rid of them. I don't even know where to start. I do have photoshop cs so I have the right tool just don't know what to do. I consider myself an average user of photoshop, not an expert, but if someone could kindly push me in the right direction I can do it. Thanks for your help in advance.

-E.SimersYou'll have to look it up in the documentation if you don't know how to use it, but basically it lets you "heal" over a spot or blemish, for example on the forearm, the shirt, the background, preserving the texture under the healed spot. Briefly, to use it, select the tool, and you'll see a brush-shaped cursor. You can hit "]" to enlarge the brush, or "[" to reduce its size. Then, option-click (I use a Mac, could be alt-click on PC) on a clean area near the blemish, and then move the cursor to the blemish and click on it. You'll then see the blemish disappear. Good luck, though, you've got a lot of healing to do, Doctor! :(

TheObiJuan
05-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Wow, I feel so sorry for you... :(

Here is my attempt. It was a pain in the butt though. :p
I started to get too tired to finish. Here is the pic in the middle of working on it. Feel free to keep going. Tomorrow when I hop on the computer I will try some more.
http://styleandspeed.com/theobijuan/weddingshow0131smalledit.jpg

There isn't much info to work with, do you have a larger size file?
There is an annoying greenish cast that wont go away either...
It would be nice if I had a RAW file to work with, but I know, you scanned them from film.

earlesimers
05-23-2005, 10:56 AM
ok, thanks guys I think I have got a good start on it. Yes this is a smaller size do to the limits on attachments here. I didn't scan it from film just the actual picture itself. I don't have the negatives wish I did. and the green tint I don't know whats up with that, It had an orange tint at first, solved that and now its got green these pictures are not that old really, like early 80's I really think it has alot to do with the chemicals on the plastic when they were in the book. I really thank you for your help. And don't waste your time on fixing that one anymore cause i can finish it. thanks a whole bunch, this has to be the most informative website for photgraphy i have ever seen, plus the people here on the forum are so nice and helpful.

earlesimers
05-23-2005, 10:59 AM
one more thing, if the "healing brush" does this what's the exact differance between it and the "clone tool"?? I tried that at first didn't seem to work very well.

TheObiJuan
05-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Healing brush replaces pixels with color from near by pixels. Just click somewhere that you want to borrow the color, tint, etc. Vary the size of the brush and the harness to get better results.

The clone brush replaces all of the pixels with the borrowed one, it is a 100% copy. You can vary the opacity though.

SamuraiJack
05-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Definitely use the healing brush. Believe it or not, that photo can be fixed pretty easily.

-Wes