PDA

View Full Version : first purchase, first problem

physics dude
05-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I finally purchased a digital camera. After spending last weekend doing tons of research, I decided to go with the Olympus C-7070WZ. ($437 on buydig.com)

Now I see my first possible problem. I took my first few pictures today and there is a "hot pixel" on the bottem right. It shows up in all the pictures.

Not sure what to do next. Contact Buydig? Olympus? I really can't wait too long because I was going to sell my house "by owner" and was all excited to take pictures of the house!

Suggestions? Are 'white spots' common?

greg

nellybly
05-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Instructions on how to do this will be in your manual:

Automatic Pixel Mapping — Automatic Pixel Mapping (APM) is a means of re-formatting the dispersal of pixels across the CCD. When pixels become ineffective over time, users generally have to send the camera in to the manufacturer and have them re-format the sensor; however, the included APM feature is designed to re-map the pixels within the camera by pressing a button. Found within the camera menu, users can select the pixel mapping feature and re-configure the sensor for optimal sensitivity. According to Olympus, this feature only needs to be used about once a year and should significantly prolong the camera’s lifespan.

hth,
NB

physics dude
05-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Instructions on how to do this will be in your manual:

Automatic Pixel Mapping — Automatic Pixel Mapping (APM) is a means of re-formatting the dispersal of pixels across the CCD. When pixels become ineffective over time, users generally have to send the camera in to the manufacturer and have them re-format the sensor; however, the included APM feature is designed to re-map the pixels within the camera by pressing a button. Found within the camera menu, users can select the pixel mapping feature and re-configure the sensor for optimal sensitivity. According to Olympus, this feature only needs to be used about once a year and should significantly prolong the camera’s lifespan.

hth,
NB

Thank you! I'll give it a try. It still seems a bit odd to have this problem with the very first image.
thanks again,
greg

EDIT>> Wow. Easy. Problem solved...