PDA

View Full Version : Looking for easy way to email multiple pictures

bmvideobob
09-03-2004, 03:28 PM
My boss just bought me a digital camera and wants me to take pictures of my retail accounts as I visit them. He wants me to email the pictures to him daily. I usually have 30-50 pictures to email. That is a large file. I have been adding them all to power point a slide at time then zipping them. I then email the power poing presentation to my boss. He is older and not very computer literate. Power point loses him. Is there any easy way or program that would make my chore easier and faster. Thanks.

Bob

judge9847
09-03-2004, 03:39 PM
My boss just bought me a digital camera and wants me to take pictures of my retail accounts as I visit them. He wants me to email the pictures to him daily. I usually have 30-50 pictures to email. That is a large file. I have been adding them all to power point a slide at time then zipping them. I then email the power poing presentation to my boss. He is older and not very computer literate. Power point loses him. Is there any easy way or program that would make my chore easier and faster. Thanks.

Bob
A couple of ideas come to mind. You could upload your images to your own web space. Normally your ISP provides you with space, often free, so it's just a question of uploading them and then emailing him with the web address. You can use something like Paint Shop Pro's photo album to do the leg work for you with that.

A second alternative is to upload your images to a web photo sharing service of which there are many. The one I was used to looking at in times past is called pBase (http://www.pbase.com) but others on here will tell you of others I'm sure. I'm also sure that some of them are free - pBase isn't but it's not at all expensive - but be careful of using the free ones for commerical purposes: generally speaking that would be a no-no!!

There's really no merit in emailing them to him when these sorts of things exist. And putting them into PowerPoint? 'Struth, that must be one heck of a size of a file with that number of images in it each day.

I'm sure you'll get lots of other useful suggestions from others reading this. You can then take your pick of the one that maybe is best for you and your computer-illiterate boss!

D70FAN
09-03-2004, 04:02 PM

Bob

Bob is absolutely right about the photo sharing site. The subcription rate for this service runs $10 to $20 per year, and it is really nice just to send your URL and be able to securly share pictures with just about anyone.

I use smugmug.com and it's pretty darn easy to upload and create/organize galleries. We assume that with the current volume that you have a high speed link like DSL, cable, or T1.

bmvideobob
09-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Thank you both for your help. I will do as you suggest.

Bob

Rhys
09-03-2004, 05:37 PM

Bob

You could include all the photos in an Acrobat document. This is pretty straightforward. I use Open Office from www.openoffice.org. Just drag the photos onto the document and save as PDF. Anybody should be able to open and veiw a PDF document.