PDA

View Full Version : Photo editing software

24Peter
05-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Have any of you used Paint Shop Pro 9 or Ulead's Photo Impact software for editing images? The latter seems pretty capable for a consumer-oriented program and Paint Shop Pro is routinely compared to Photoshop.

I'm currently reading the manual's for both (Paint Shop Pro is 512 pages and PhotoImpact is 366 pages) and downloaded (but not installed yet) both programs.

I've been using Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10 and while not a bad program, "Pro" it ain't. (But I only paid $9.99 for it after rebates so ain't complaining.)

And please don't mention Adobe as a possible option: after struggling through Photoshop Elements 2 (slow, buggy and - even after the manual and two after-market texts - confusing) I tried Elements 3 only to find it was even slower, more buggy - and in some ways, even more lame than 2. Took four months to get my money back from Adobe as their customer support is even more lame than their software. (My Adobe rant. :mad: )

speaklightly
05-17-2005, 09:03 AM
24peter-

It may be just me, but I don't like Ulead's Photo Impact at all. I have Paint Shop Pro 8 which I use a lot and the infamous (noting your Adobe rant) Photoshop 7.0.

Sarah Joyce