PDA

View Full Version : D70(s?) kit paackages

epaul6
05-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Does anyone have advise for buying a 2 lenses D70 or s. Should you stick with the nikor or are the sigma and tamarron lenses as good. I am an amatuer, but I do like sharp shots. Mostly daylight but some indoorfamily stuff. Right now I am as confused as an aborigine staring at a ferris wheel. Any advise?

e :confused:

D70FAN
05-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Does anyone have advise for buying a 2 lenses D70 or s. Should you stick with the nikor or are the sigma and tamarron lenses as good. I am an amatuer, but I do like sharp shots. Mostly daylight but some indoorfamily stuff. Right now I am as confused as an aborigine staring at a ferris wheel. Any advise?

e :confused:

Sorry, but until we can see some of the pictures from the new lenses it's a tough call. Hopefully better than othe manufacturers efforts.

I've had a D70 since they came out last March and have changed over to a Sigma 18-125 DC for my day to day lens, from the 18-70 Nikkor. Equal, or better, in quality and with a nice reach at the telelphoto end.

Here are some examples. Most are taken with the Sigma, even those not under the Sigma gallery. A few of the Canyon shots are with the 18-70 Nikkor.

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

thesween
05-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Being a Nikon fan, my bias is towards Nikkor glass. However, the sharpest lens I own is a Sigma, the 105mm 2.8 macro. No doubt about it, that "third-party" lens is razor sharp, and fast, and a true 1:1 macro. I've never seen a bad review of it anywhere. What sold it for me was the high praise it got from a friend of mine, a pro, a fashion photographer.