PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?

EanX
05-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Hello, new member here. I just started having a problem lately with my C5050z. The picture is very distorted and I've already tried resetting everything.

Sigbhu
05-12-2005, 08:50 PM
i'm baffled. under the assumption that you haven't done anything to the pics out of the camera, i'd say these were the worst pictures i've ever seen out of a digicam.
which is bad, because the 5050 is the best in its class.

there seems to a problem with the sensor, with the WB, and with the processor!

i suggest you exchange you camera immediately!

or maybe your CF card has a curious currupting glitch.

whatever it is, i don't think it's solvable.

kgosden
05-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Looks like the CCD has suffered damage. I'm betting a liquid penetrated the case.

Sigbhu
05-12-2005, 09:58 PM
"a problem lately"...is it under warranty?

EanX
05-13-2005, 08:09 PM
i'm baffled. under the assumption that you haven't done anything to the pics out of the camera, i'd say these were the worst pictures i've ever seen out of a digicam.
which is bad, because the 5050 is the best in its class.

there seems to a problem with the sensor, with the WB, and with the processor!

i suggest you exchange you camera immediately!

or maybe your CF card has a curious currupting glitch.

whatever it is, i don't think it's solvable.

Sigbhu, exchange is out of the question, warranty expired last year!:9
both CF and xD cards are the same picture quality.. I used pics from both cards.

And I agree, it may be unsolvable.. unless anybody has some parts from the same camera laying around. I'm not worried about trying to salvage this camera from other peoples wrecked cameras, heh if I can do it with computers, vcr's, stereos,and other electronic equipment, I can possibly do it with cameras. (hopefully! I also have an Olympus pt-015 housing for it as well, that has never had a drop of water inside it ever.)

Sigbhu, thanks for the information, I really appreciate it!

I think these message boards you all have here are pretty good, I think I'll put this among my favorites to check into a couple of times a week at least..

EanX
05-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Looks like the CCD has suffered damage. I'm betting a liquid penetrated the case.

I did use this camera for diving in an Olympus pt-015 housing, but this was 8-9 months ago, the housing never had any condensation in it whatsoever,let alone any water from the ocean. I always used a new silicon absorber pad in it.

The problem started after many pictures later, and just within the last month.

Thanks for the info, though, I really appreciate it!