PDA

View Full Version : Canon 350D Rebel XT

iconboyips
05-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but why on earth does the LCD not work as a view finder?

This camera is amazing for what I want, but at gigs i need the benifit of having the freedom of and LCD viewfinder...can anyone help?

Catheriya
05-12-2005, 08:20 AM
All digital SLR cameras are made that way because of the lens. There's mirror inside that open up everytime you take a picture. :)

TheObiJuan
05-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Current technology can not render a live image for long enough. Give it some time, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

tlmiller10
05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but why on earth does the LCD not work as a view finder?

This camera is amazing for what I want, but at gigs i need the benifit of having the freedom of and LCD viewfinder...can anyone help?

All D-SLR camera have had a mirror, just like a real SLR - Single Lens Reflex - meaning the mirror shows the image to the sensor, it slaps, and viola, the CMOS sensor takes the image and turns it into a digital photo on the memory card.

D-SLR's will never inheirently have a live view, or movie taking abilities. One day a camera company may put TWO sensors in the camera. Why can all these point and shoots (I will refer to as a P&S from now on) have live view and movies and not my 1,000 dollar uber camera?

Their sensor is designed differently... smaller, noiser, not as fast or as good quality.

So many might say this, I'll beat them to it.

If you want quality and speed? - Get a D-SLR

If you want movies and a live view? - Get a Sony DV-Cam

If you want both? Buy both... many Ultra zoom cameras (Like the S7000, and Canon S2) are a marriage of both, except they lose the speed catagory, and ultra high quality, low noise shots.

Hopefully I helped shed some light on the subject.

-tlmiller10
Tim Miller
Proud Canon Digital Rebel Owner

TheObiJuan
05-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Well put.
:)

24Peter
05-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I'd add the Panasonic FZ20 to the short list of excellent ultra-zoom P&S cameras.