PDA

View Full Version : Best place for FZ20 batteries?

Listener
09-01-2004, 12:53 PM
According to Panasonic's website I'll need the CGA-S002 Li-ion 7.2v 680mAh battery (same as the fz10). I'd like to get a couple extra ones.

Can anyone suggest the best (cheapest) place to get them? I've seen them anywhere from $29 (Lenmar Panasonic CGA-S002 Equivalent from spacecentersystems.com to $45 from Staples (again the Lenmar). Is there a best brand or are they all roughly the same?

Thanks.

John_Reed
09-01-2004, 01:02 PM
According to Panasonic's website I'll need the CGA-S002 Li-ion 7.2v 680mAh battery (same as the fz10). I'd like to get a couple extra ones.

Can anyone suggest the best (cheapest) place to get them? I've seen them anywhere from $29 (Lenmar Panasonic CGA-S002 Equivalent from spacecentersystems.com to $45 from Staples (again the Lenmar). Is there a best brand or are they all roughly the same?

Thanks.I got mine from Battery Barn (http://www.batterybarn.com/cgas002.htm), at $37.95 apiece. (free shipping) They're really durable, seemingly a lot more so than the one supplied with the camera. I now use them exclusively.

Listener
09-01-2004, 02:22 PM
I got mine from Battery Barn (http://www.batterybarn.com/cgas002.htm), at $37.95 apiece. (free shipping) They're really durable, seemingly a lot more so than the one supplied with the camera. I now use them exclusively.

Thanks for the link. I guess the 20% higher amp-hour rating may account for the better performance. I just ordered two from them.

Now all I need is the camera! (TOMORROW!) :)

Ghostrider
09-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Don't forget eBay for batteries. I bought an 800mah for my FZ20 for 11.99 plus 1.99 s&h and it is working fine. :)

Listener
09-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Don't forget eBay for batteries. I bought an 800mah for my FZ20 for 11.99 plus 1.99 s&h and it is working fine. :)

I got burned on eBay once :o so I don't shop there, but I do realize that bargains *can* be had there.

Janet
09-05-2004, 08:48 AM

Thanks.

John you replied to this and suggested those at Battery Barn http://www.batterybarn.com/cgas002.htm are better than those by Lenmar. Since they are 800mAh not the 680 recommended is this not a problem? I know nothing about batteries. I was wondering because I would go with your recommendation but do want to consider Lenmar from Thomas Distributing as they support this site.
Thanks
Janet

sixpeedreams
09-06-2004, 04:05 PM
mAh is a measure of battery capacity, or how long your camera will run on a single charge. There are no compatibility issues with running a battery that has a higher mAh rating -- its to your advantage. I've had good luck with eBay in general. It sometimes, but not always, has the best deals. Just be sure never to buy a used battery or one that has been removed from its original packaging since all lithium rechargeable batteries tend to be delicate and sometimes go bad prematurely.