View Full Version : 7dayshop?

mikeS
09-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi,

Has anyone used www.7dayshop.com/ and if so have they found them

relaible?
quick?
good at packing?

One thing that stands out about them is the lack of a phone number. This gives me the impression that they might not be overly "customer service" focused.

Rhys
09-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi,

Has anyone used www.7dayshop.com/ and if so have they found them

relaible?
quick?
good at packing?

One thing that stands out about them is the lack of a phone number. This gives me the impression that they might not be overly "customer service" focused.

Reliable - so far I have no complaints and have made several orders.
Quick - no. It takes 5 days with express post and 7 - 14 with normal post. Remember they're on an island and rely upon planes and ferries which depend on good weather.
Good at packing - no complaints. I've had everything in jiffy bags but then I never order anything big.

mikeS
09-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks Rhys,

I was browsing and saw these reviews of 7days.com there are very few that are complimentary and most are downright damning of the shop. The consensus is not to touch them with a barge pole.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/products619.html

I'm was after ordering with them anyway.
I've now tried to cancel.
I'm not too hopeful.
I'll tell you how I get on.

Rhys

Rhys
09-01-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm happy with them. They supply when they say they will. They're well known by everybody in the trade and have advertised in AP for years. There're a lot of shops like this on Guernsey, Sark, Alderney and in Jersey. Possibly the Isle of Man too.

I think you're being harsh. I'd never make a big order though - I only ever buy sight-unseen for 50 or less.

mikeS
09-02-2004, 05:26 AM
I was a bit harsh on them alright.

I'm just a "suspicious" person and I, somewhat irrationally get it into my head that; retailers who don't have a "customer support telephone thing going on" are dodgy. Couple this with a large order that I need filled by a particular date and damning reviews and you'll get me into a state of fear and paranoia that can only easily be assuaged by direct contact and reassurance.

I know that email is a indisputable record and that telephone conversations are not worth the paper they are written on.

It's all in my head.

I'm fine now.

Their customer service was A1 and their prices are very good.

Rhys
09-02-2004, 07:21 AM
I was a bit harsh on them alright.

I'm just a "suspicious" person and I, somewhat irrationally get it into my head that; retailers who don't have a "customer support telephone thing going on" are dodgy. Couple this with a large order that I need filled by a particular date and damning reviews and you'll get me into a state of fear and paranoia that can only easily be assuaged by direct contact and reassurance.

I know that email is a indisputable record and that telephone conversations are not worth the paper they are written on.

It's all in my head.

I'm fine now.

Their customer service was A1 and their prices are very good.

Emails are NOT an indisputable record. Emails can be forged quite easily and not every email has a path that leads back to its origin. Look at spam. That can be very hard to trace and the best that can be done is to track it back to the originating server - not even a company or an individual in many cases. I can put together quite a convincing email in notepad - including all the headers. Telephone conversations are fine as long as they're recorded.

mikeS
09-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Consider that I might have been using a work email and that copies of all correspondences are held by my employer. This is done to comply with freedom of information leglislation and as such is an inviolate record.

This is what I am led to believe but I would value your opinion on the veracity of this claim.