PDA

View Full Version : Slacking!

Rhys
09-01-2004, 05:26 AM
I noticed that there are 100 threads in the Canon and Canon dSLR forums yet only 37 in the Nikon and Nikon dSLR forums. This is interesting - on the old forums, there were about 5,000 Nikon postings as opposed to about 3000 for canon. Does this mean Nikon's out of favour :P

D70FAN
09-01-2004, 06:54 AM
I noticed that there are 100 threads in the Canon and Canon dSLR forums yet only 37 in the Nikon and Nikon dSLR forums. This is interesting - on the old forums, there were about 5,000 Nikon postings as opposed to about 3000 for canon. Does this mean Nikon's out of favour :P

It does appear that way. I hope Nikon is paying attention. The current crop of cameras is getting a bit long in the tooth. The D70 being the exception.

Rhys
09-01-2004, 08:32 AM
It does appear that way. I hope Nikon is paying attention. The current crop of cameras is getting a bit long in the tooth. The D70 being the exception.

IMHO the Canon S1 is the camera the Nikon 5700 wants to be but isn't although IMO also, the S1 is simply a taster and there could be an S2 around the corner - with 5 megapixels, perhaps.

Canon got it right in terms of features and size. The only point where the S1 IS really could be improved is with a few extra megapixels. I'm currently using the intervalometer to produce a 24-hour scenic view that I might put into an animated GIF.

Jeff Keller
09-01-2004, 10:21 AM

Hey George, check your personal messages to see something I sent you weeks ago! ;)

D70FAN
09-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey George, check your personal messages to see something I sent you weeks ago! ;)

Sheh-Sheh.