PDA

View Full Version : Casio EX-P600

Paul44
05-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Good afternoon all. :)

I have just purchased a casio exilim ex-p600 digital camera (first time user) and my problem is this. I cant seem to upload the pictures to my PC.
I have installed the USB driver as stated, connected my USB cable to the digital camera and the other end to the USB port on my PC tower and clicked on the Software which came with the casio CD called Photoloader Ver2.1. When i click on load image I get a error message stating Could not find images to load.
My pc is Windows ME.

misterMe
05-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Well, I've seen this many times with different systems. I've been repairing CASIO Cameras for many years.
Although it's difficult to say exactly why this happens, it's almost always associated with the USB driver.

Fortunately, you're not limited to the CASIO PhotoLoader program as a means of extracting the images from the camera. You should be able to view the camera in "My Computer" as an external or removable drive. If you don't see the camera in "My Computer" as a removable drive then you definitely have a USB problem, most likely with your computer.

If you are unable to reload the drivers to a satisfactory resolution of the problem, I suggest to purchase a USB card reader. They're really cheap now and usually come with drivers or are simple plug and play devices.
Please visit my site for more information on CASIO Camera Repair. (http://CasioRepairs.com)

Rob the photo hobbyist
05-26-2005, 10:29 AM
I see this all the time, too, and my driver is fine.
Can't say exectly what causes it once and a while, but I suspect a USB conflict or the use of a USB hub.

Try this:
1. Plug the wire into your camera
2. Plug the USB end DIRECTLY into your computer
3. Turn on your Camera
4. If you see that it found your camera, remember to say "OK" that it can start uploading the photos.
5. You can view the photos with the viewer, and if you need to email them, you'll find them in C:/program files/Casio/photoloader/image library/<date that you shot>

Come back here if it doesn't work.

Rob the photo hobbyist
05-26-2005, 10:35 AM
I read somewhere that you can speed up your shooting if you turn off the preview on the P-600.
Damned if I can't find where to do it!

I am taking about that second-long freeze of your camera display after you take a shot, which can slow you down if you want to keep shooting quickly.

Also, does anyone know how to turn off the flash by default? I always lose time with that and it is already set to off in Menu/Memory.

Any ideas?

(Otherwise, I think this camera is fantastic!)

Paul44
05-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Many thanks for the responses from both you gentlemen, it was the usb hub, as stated .
you have been a great help.