PDA

View Full Version : Question on Nikon D70 Kit Rebate

kshoari
05-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Among those of you who have already received your US rebate for the Nikon D70 kit, did you also include the yellow copy of the warranty card for the 18-70 kit lens with your rebate form?

The reason for my question is that, as far as I remember, on the rebate form it said that the yellow copy is not required for D70 camera. Therefore, since I'd bought the D70 kit, I assumed I should not bother with it.

But now I'm thinking maybe I should have included the yellow copy that I got for the kit lens, even though I had not purchased it separately and I was claiming the rebate for the whole kit and not for the body and the lens separately.

I am now wondering if I should now mail it to them or I should just wait to hear back from them. I have plans for the $200 so I want to make sure my rebate gets processed smoothly ;)

Thanks,

thesween
05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
The rebate form most assuredly said you DID NOT have to send any warranty documentation with the D70 kit. So, like you, I didn't attach it either. What I did do, though, was to send my rebate paperwork via "registered and return receipt USPS mail," which cost about four bucks. FWIW, they received my form over a week ago and I did get the receipt, but to date there is nothing on their rebate site indicating its status. What else is new? Has anyone here ever dealt with any company on any rebate where they didn't make you jump through hoops to get it?

I got a DVD burner as a present and the number of forms and receipts involved for a $20 rebate was nauseating, it gave me a headache.

erichlund
05-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Sony, $100 rebate on a flat screen monitor, and it was paid in about 3 weeks. I was shocked, I tell you, shocked!!! :)

Cheers,
Eric

thesween
05-06-2005, 05:33 PM
I once filled out a ream of paperwork to get a $5 rebate on a case of imported beer, mostly because of my bullheaded determination to NOT LET THEM beat me out of the money. It took, no word a lie, close to six months to get the $5 check.

To keep this on-topic, I'd love to hear from others about their experiences with Nikon rebates. Best I know, Nikon enjoys a fine reputation for most everything they sell and service, so what about rebates?

And, if you have a second or two, how about experiences with Nikon service? Nikon claims(directly in an e-mail response to my specific problem)that they can pretty much guarantee a seven working day turnaround on any repair. Whaddya think? Thanks, fellow D70 owners.

iRobie
05-17-2005, 08:16 PM
I've heard rumors of this rebate. Looking online, I found the Nikon page, but that made it sound like you had to buy a printer to get the $100 rebate. No word on a $200 rebate.

Could someone point me in the direction of this rebate?
Thanks!

sarcazmo
05-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Seems like Nikon likes taking their sweet time getting rebates out. This has occured to many people.

I myself am still waiting...

thesween
05-22-2005, 10:34 AM
I was just going to post how long I've been waiting, but decided to check their website first. My rebate has been processed and will be mailed in 3-5 days. I'd say if that holds true, it took about a month. BTW, the $200 rebate was on the kit, and it expired the end of March, it was then replaced by the printer rebate.