PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy a Olympus Camedia C-770

Freidaw
08-31-2004, 03:09 PM
My Sony Mavica CD1000 just totally broke. It won't access the disk and my friend says it will cost 2-300.00 to fix it. I paid 1100.00 for it several years ago. Oh well, it's too big anyway and always a pain to carry around. So after spending a week I thought what is important to me. #1 the zoom needs to be as much as possible. #2 lightweight. #3 easy to see through the viewfinder on sunny days. I think I really like the Olympus Camedia C-770 Digital Camera.

One question that I have is, since I also have some old SLR with some expensive lenses can I get a camera that can use those lenses?

But I'd still have a big camera. So, next question is, the reviewers seem to really like this one except when I went to Amazon I saw some real negative reviews. Now I'm confused again! I always seem to over buy features and this 770 seems just right.

I'm in, "Worried about buyers remorse blues!" Is there anyone here that can comment?

Ben Miller
08-31-2004, 08:37 PM
I don't have any experience with the 770, but if the only thing stopping you from buying it is some bad Amazon reviews, I wouldn't be too worried. It seems like for every product on Amazon there's someone who couldn't get it to work exactly as they wanted, and so they give it a terrible review.

You might also post this question in the What Camera Should I Buy? section. There's a good assortment of ultra-zoom cameras out there right now in addition to 770.

PixChick
08-31-2004, 08:55 PM
My Sony Mavica CD1000 just totally broke. It won't access the disk and my friend says it will cost 2-300.00 to fix it. I paid 1100.00 for it several years ago. Oh well, it's too big anyway and always a pain to carry around. So after spending a week I thought what is important to me. #1 the zoom needs to be as much as possible. #2 lightweight. #3 easy to see through the viewfinder on sunny days. I think I really like the Olympus Camedia C-770 Digital Camera.

One question that I have is, since I also have some old SLR with some expensive lenses can I get a camera that can use those lenses?

But I'd still have a big camera. So, next question is, the reviewers seem to really like this one except when I went to Amazon I saw some real negative reviews. Now I'm confused again! I always seem to over buy features and this 770 seems just right.

I'm in, "Worried about buyers remorse blues!" Is there anyone here that can comment?

You may want to look into the Panasonic FZ-3. Response from new owners seems quite positive. It has a 12x zoom and is relatively small for an ultra-zoom. You won't be "over-buying" in terms of features either. It is 3 mp (I believe).

Also, as Ben said--you should probably post in the "What Camera Should I Buy" forum.

PixChick:)

David Metsky
09-01-2004, 07:46 AM

What brand of camera is this? There are digital SLRs but like their film counterparts they will work with specific lens mounts.