PDA

View Full Version : Flash will not go off!

Trimakas
05-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Hello all, My first post.. So be gentle. But I am new to the DSLR camera scene, I just purchased a D70. When I first got the camera and started taking pictures that needed flash, the flash would pop up and go off no problem. I think I've changed something and now the flash pops up but will not go off, and it causes the camera to not want to take a picture.

Any idea what I need to change back in order for the flash to work? I don't think the camera is defective because everything else works fine.

BTW, I love the camera, in right light situations, it takes wonderful pics.. you can see one on my site at www.uptownclt.com

Thanks in advance for your help!

Todd

D70FAN
05-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Hello all, My first post.. So be gentle. But I am new to the DSLR camera scene, I just purchased a D70. When I first got the camera and started taking pictures that needed flash, the flash would pop up and go off no problem. I think I've changed something and now the flash pops up but will not go off, and it causes the camera to not want to take a picture.

Any idea what I need to change back in order for the flash to work? I don't think the camera is defective because everything else works fine.

BTW, I love the camera, in right light situations, it takes wonderful pics.. you can see one on my site at www.uptownclt.com

Thanks in advance for your help!

Todd

Go to the general (3rd tab down) menu and reset the menu. That should reset the flash mode.

Trimakas
05-07-2005, 08:02 AM
This is crazy, I reset back to the original settings and then I even did what you suggested below and the flash will pop up but not go off.. any other suggestions?

Thanks
Todd

thesween
05-07-2005, 09:08 AM
I've also had a problem with a brand new D70, and after poking around quite a bit, I've come to one conclusion; it's going to have to go back to Nikon for service. Maybe you can solve your flash trouble some other way. Have you tried the full camera reset button on the bottom of the D70? Tech support had me try that - it didn't solve my problem. If it needs to go back, it is under warranty, and they keep telling me seven working days on a turnaround. Good luck...

Geez, I hate to say this, but I own better than a dozen film cameras(two of them Nikons)and this is the first I've ever had a problem with any one of them. And that would include a couple TLRs I bought used some years ago.

Trimakas
05-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Yep, that's the direction I was going as well.. Tried the full reset and everything.. well atleast I'm not alone. Good luck with the return.