PDA

View Full Version : Help! Olympus C310Z head banger problem!

Mr_Borrox
05-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Hello, I really hope someone on here can advise me. I've just put windows XP on my computer (it was windows 2000). Now, I cant use my digicam! When I plug it in via the USB port, it says 'one moment' on the camera screen (it says that for as long as its plugged in). The camera does not show in windows explorer as an 'additional storage device' as it used to with W2000. The only place in the PC where I can find any recognition of it is in the device manager, where it says 'no driver available'. Trying to load one up from the Camedia 4.2 disk supplied with the camera results in a message from XP saying that the driver has not been signed by Microsoft and therefore risks upsetting the computer. Ignoring this and carrying the installation reults in a simple 'windows was unable to install the driver' type of message. The upshot is, I cannot download any pics! There is no driver download on the Olympus website and I have asked for help directly from them but recieved none. Can anyone advise me? Pleeeease?!

Sigbhu
05-11-2005, 10:25 PM
that's tough. if you have a new laptop, trying switching back to windows me (i knwo it sounds bizzare)

or try removing every bit of olympus software fromt eh computer(not jsut installing, find and destroy) and then plug in the camera--without any driver.
no modern camera needs a driver with XP.

it amy be possible that your USB port is defective. try with other ports, with other computers, with other removable disks (to eliminate possibiliites)

if everything fails, then there might be a problem with your cable.

Sigbhu
05-11-2005, 10:25 PM
hang on---is your camera on of those where you have to turn in on to read from it?