PDA

View Full Version : FZ20 - Available then not, then Available

snowflake1996
08-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Well Circuit City seems to be pretty busy with this camera. Yesterday it was available for $599, then last night it was not, then this morning is was and at $539. I would like them to ship some to their store so we can see and feel the camera before purchasing, as if I don't like it, I really don't want to pay the 15% restocking fee. I am trying to decide to buy or not to buy as my current digital is smaller (a Toshiba PDR-3300), and I am not sure how it will feel in the flesh. So hopefully they will ship to the stores soon!

I am so glad I ran across this web-site as it is very informative and it helps to answer many questions!

Listener
08-31-2004, 04:00 PM
I felt the same way (about that absurd restocking fee) but I've got a trip coming up next week and want to take the camera with me. I ordered one last Thursday. It should arrive tomorrow (I hope). Funny... I ordered a 512mb SD card *yesterday* from TheNerds.com and it arrived this morning!

Who knows when there gonna arrive at the store....?

I've seen some shots from the FZ20 on the web and it looks like a real winner.

John_Reed
08-31-2004, 06:17 PM
I felt the same way (about that absurd restocking fee) but I've got a trip coming up next week and want to take the camera with me. I ordered one last Thursday. It should arrive tomorrow (I hope). Funny... I ordered a 512mb SD card *yesterday* from TheNerds.com and it arrived this morning!

Who knows when there gonna arrive at the store....?

I've seen some shots from the FZ20 on the web and it looks like a real winner.You'll be happy with the camera, I'm pretty sure! I was helping a woman get to know her new camera, which she received just before we met at the Zoo. So I took the first photos with it. Nice machine, though I didn't feel moved to immediately cash in my FZ10 and jump on the FZ20 waiting list, fortunately!

Listener
09-01-2004, 05:34 AM
You'll be happy with the camera, I'm pretty sure! I was helping a woman get to know her new camera, which she received just before we met at the Zoo. So I took the first photos with it. Nice machine, though I didn't feel moved to immediately cash in my FZ10 and jump on the FZ20 waiting list, fortunately!

Thanks John.

You make house calls? :)

P.S. Is it permissible to post shots on this board? What is the best way to do that?

John_Reed
09-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Thanks John.
You make house calls? :)
P.S. Is it permissible to post shots on this board? What is the best way to do that?Actually, I make "Cage" calls ;) :
http://john-reed.smugmug.com/photos/8002044-M.jpg
(taken with my FZ10 yesterday, with TCON-17 attached)
In order to post this picture, I first uploaded it to a picture-hosting site. I use Smugmug (http://www.smugmug.com), there are others as well. The object is to be able to insert a hyperlink to your photo, ending in ".jpg", and you make that happen by copying the URL of the photo from, say, Smugmug, and pasting it into the dialogue box which appears when you click the little "Image" icon above (the icon just to the left of the "hyperlink" icon).

postman
09-01-2004, 06:15 PM
aJust put in order for it guys :D From CC :D Why delay :confused: