PDA

View Full Version : Shutter delay for sports pics??

RobG
05-02-2005, 09:24 AM
I take a lot of sports pictures- soccer games, etc. I am considering the Kodak Z740 or Z7590 camera- because of the 10x zoom. My question is- how do I get that dreaded shutter delay down as close to nil as possible? With my current camera, I always set it to the "burst" mode, and kept my fingers crossed about when to start shooting. Not real accurate... I am hoping that the 10x zoom and 2 burst modes will be the answer. Does anyone know how to set the camera to get that delay down? My subjects will be 10-100 feet away... Thanks! :)

Franknbeans
05-21-2005, 01:28 AM
I am considering the Kodak Z740 or Z7590 camera- because of the 10x zoom.

I think you mean the DX 7590 in which case I may be able to shed a little bit of light on the subject. If you are looking for outside pictures in sports mode or in manual mode at max shutter speed then the DX 7590 will suit you fine. I have used it during football games, lacross games, and hockey games and all of the pictures have come out well as long as the light is sufficient. Basically what I am saying is that the DX 7590 will do great along with its 10x zoom as long as you have sufficient ambient lighting if not things will get a little blurry. It just comes down to tinkering with the settings because even with the low light conditions I have been able to get some spectacular shots with my 7590.

Hope this helps,

Frank