PDA

View Full Version : SD300 Accessories!

tepmurt
05-01-2005, 05:58 PM
YAY I bought the SD300!!! I got it for 404 bucks Canadain (10% off at BestBuy). I didn't want to buy on ebay because of no warranty/return options.

Now i'm planning to get a memory card, spare battery, and case.

I'm thinking of the Sandisk Ultra II 1.0 GB SD card which i can pick up for around 140 CDN bucks at Costco, any tips?

I'm looking at this battery on ebay to buy (it has the same voltage and mAh as the canon one):

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48516&item=7511588454&rd=1

I need help with the case. I want to get something that fits the sd300 tightly, offers good protection, and has extra space for the extra battery. How about the psc-300 (don't know where to buy it though).

Thanks in advance :D

David Metsky
05-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking of the Sandisk Ultra II 1.0 GB SD card which i can pick up for around 140 CDN bucks at Costco, any tips?
You don't need the Ultra II. You can buy the basic Sandisk card and get full performance from the camera without spending the extra bucks.

-dave-

tepmurt
05-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I will be using the high quality movie mode so I'll stick with a high-speed card. Anyone have any suggestions??? Case??? Battery???

MrForgetable
05-01-2005, 10:18 PM
the camera will not use the ultra II speeds even in the 30fps 640x480 nor the 60fps mode. i think at least.

tepmurt
05-01-2005, 11:26 PM
:) thanks, but i still need advice on the other accessories i mentioned above, or any other accessories anyone can think of :confused:

David Metsky
05-02-2005, 06:19 AM
I will be using the high quality movie mode so I'll stick with a high-speed card. Anyone have any suggestions??? Case??? Battery???
As stated above, the regular card works fine with all the high quality movie modes, so no reason to get Ultra-II unless you want faster transfer speeds from camera/card to computer.

I got a LowePro Rezo 15 for mine. It'll hold an extra card and battery, and is a pretty snug fit. Since I mostly wear mine on my hipbelt or sternum strap while hiking it didn't need to be extremely tiny, but it's still quite small and solid.

I haven't picked up a second battery yet, but I was looking at batterybarn.com, they had one for $18 that I'll probably pick up sooner or later.

-dave-

tepmurt
05-02-2005, 10:50 PM
i'll be taking it to new york city on a school trip... any tips not to get it stolen? Any accessories/tips i can use to hide it well/prevent theft?

Rooney
05-03-2005, 02:21 AM
As stated above, the regular card works fine with all the high quality movie modes, so no reason to get Ultra-II unless you want faster transfer speeds from camera/card to computer.

-dave-

Sorry if I stray off the topic here. But when I read in reviews and in the product information it says that you need the Ultra II (for example) if you want to be able to take movie clips only limited by the size of the memory card (otherwise it is limited to 3 min). Also if you wanted to take consecutive pictures after each other (max 2.4 / second) you also needed the faster cards. I was thinking of getting an Ultra memory card just because of this (as soon as I order and receive my SD500 ;) ).

What gives?

tepmurt
05-03-2005, 04:47 AM
ya i figured that, that's why I ordered the Ultra II 1.0GB SD card :P from dell.ca. ;)

David Metsky
05-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Except I have an non Ultra-II card and I can take unlimited video clips and full-sized burst mode at 2.4 fps.

What you need is a fast enough card, and the basic Sandisk card is fast enough. I can speak from experience, the basic Sandisk 512 Meg card is fast enough for all modes on the SD300. I can't speak for other manufacturers.

-dave-