PDA

View Full Version : overnight is really overnight?

cwzorro
04-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi all, I live in Mexico but will be in the states for about four days next month, and want to order an FZ5 (no brick and mortar place has it where I'll be, and even on the internet it seems a hard to find camera) With such a short time, I need to get it shipped absolutely as fast as possible and as reliably as possible. I don't mind paying extra. It still beats the $350 customs charge if I get it shipped to Mexico.

I'm thinking of going with B&H. Most online sites seem to have at least one horror story, but I've never heard any bad words about them. They offer an overnight delivery. Does anyone know.... is that really overnight? Like I order one day and it's there the next... or is that wishful thinking?

Oh yeah, the FZ5 is out of stock at B&H too. This all depends if they have it by the time I travel.

Thanks.

Conrad
Mexico

aparmley
04-29-2005, 04:18 PM
You need to read the shipping information on their website. Overnight means different things to different companies. My take on overnight=

Usually if you get the order in very early on Business day 1 most firms say that they will ship the order that afternoon if the order is placed prior to noon [their time; central;pacific which ever]. Then its in the hands of Fedex/UPS. Under these circumstances it is feasible to assume it would be delivered to your door on business day 2 as the deliver company will be sending it via airplane, unless you live near the distribution center.
Play it safe: place your order early on business day 1, make sure its early in the week. it may be delivered on business day 2 but count on it being delivered at the very latest on business day 3.

PhilR.
04-29-2005, 05:01 PM
You should also check Crutchfield.com, which is one of the best internet dealers in the world....

PhilR.

Bluedog
04-30-2005, 07:50 AM
I placed a ground shipment order recently with B&H and it wasn't until the second day before they shipped it out. Maybe overnight orders get priority service but I'd call them to verify the process and explain your situation.