PDA

View Full Version : Making 5MP Shots look Professional

patrickzander
04-28-2005, 09:22 PM
I have a Canon A95 and it takes really great pictures, but I was just curious how I could go about making my shots look more professional. Is there a type of filter to give them a certain look. I am not asking how to take better pictures, but if there is a special program, etc... to use that will give the pictures pro quality. I ask this because I will be taking some shots of a friend of mine for his band and I would like them to look the best they can look.

Thank You for the information.

Rex914
04-28-2005, 09:25 PM
"Professional" pictures aren't just created through some magical filter or special effect. In fact, it doesn't matter what gear you have whether it's a small point and shoot or a DSLR. It all boils down to the photographer and how you take the picture. Compose the picture well. Be aware of the surroundings and the various parameters of lighting. Take a lot of shots and pick the best out of the set. That's how you take good pictures. You just have to have an eye for it. There's no magical trick or shortcut to having that "professional" look.

When you do reach the post-process stage, make sure your shots are well exposed with good saturation and contrast. Make sure there's no color cast. If you took a good picture, there shouldn't be much to tweak if anything.

SamuraiJack
04-28-2005, 11:26 PM
but if there is a special program, etc... to use that will give the pictures pro quality

It's called Adobe Photoshop CS. ;)

Wes

ReF
04-30-2005, 09:41 PM
even cheaper water-down, old programs like adobe photoshop elements 2.0 can do wonders for your photos. you can't load a crappy shot and expect it to become magically wonderful though. ya gotta start with at least some decent shots to post process.