PDA

View Full Version : parameter 1 or 2 for 300d

roguecoolman
04-27-2005, 11:27 AM
I just got my 300d and i love it.

I was just wondering what other people's preferences are for the parameters.

I know that parameter 2 on the 300d is suppose to be the default for the 10d.

which one do you guys find as a better parameter to use, 1 or 2?

I'm not sure about adobe rgb parameter if it is any good.

ReF
04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
I just got my 300d and i love it.

I was just wondering what other people's preferences are for the parameters.

I know that parameter 2 on the 300d is suppose to be the default for the 10d.

which one do you guys find as a better parameter to use, 1 or 2?

I'm not sure about adobe rgb parameter if it is any good.

i have mine set as a custom parameter at sharpness +1 and saturation +1 and everything else at 0, sRGB colorspace. i shoot almost everything in RAW so these setting are just to make the embedded JPEGS look better when i review them. when i pick out a shot i like and convert it from the RAW file, the settings can be all over the place. About colorspace, i personally think the sRGB setting looks better on the monitor, but the Adobe RGB looks better in print. when you want to print, you can convert your the RAW file into two seperate JPEGs or TIFFs in different colorspace settings, then print a small sample and decide which one you like better.

MistyR75
04-28-2005, 08:16 AM
I like having to do as little post processing as possible, so I set my custom parameters for more saturated, sharp pictures straight out of the camera. This probably isn't what the more professional photogs do, because they're used to (and good at) post processing, but I haven't even attempted to master PhotoShop yet, and I'm pretty happy with most of my images as is.

My settings are saturation, contrast, and sharpness +2, and I left color at 0.

I've only had my camera 2 weeks, and I'm a total newbie, so take that for what its worth. ;)

roguecoolman
04-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks Guys

D70FAN
04-29-2005, 03:45 PM
I like having to do as little post processing as possible, so I set my custom parameters for more saturated, sharp pictures straight out of the camera. This probably isn't what the more professional photogs do, because they're used to (and good at) post processing, but I haven't even attempted to master PhotoShop yet, and I'm pretty happy with most of my images as is.

My settings are saturation, contrast, and sharpness +2, and I left color at 0.

I've only had my camera 2 weeks, and I'm a total newbie, so take that for what its worth. ;)

RAW is pretty cool... If you want to play with RAW processing FOR FREE. Then RSE112 works well. It's pretty intuative and straight forward, and you can get up and running in seconds.

http://www.pixmantec.com/index2.html

And for another freebee that is a more complete general post processing software... Irfanview works pretty well. It will handle RAW as well.

http://www.irfanview.com/