PDA

View Full Version : Canon A75 - A few doubts

bpfirst
08-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Hello all,

my first digicam, the canon a75, i got one from newegg.com last week.

it came with a "customer appreciation gift" beach towel !

the probelm was, it was used to do the packaging and some soft sponge for cushoning on the sides.

when i switched on my cam for the first time, i see two tiny "lights" on the lower side of the LCD (at the rim) these are obviously powering the LCD but i thought they should be hidden and the LCD should be having uniform distribution of light, though the pics seem to be OK, the LCD is slightly brighter in the lower half !
Was this a damage due to improper packing,

now today, i just shook the camera close to my ears and heard some tiny part inside as if it were lose or out of place. just added to my fear that it may have been improper packing.

The pics are fine but idont want to settle for anything less than normal.

So seeking your experienced opinion !

Thanks in advance !

BP

bpfirst
08-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Any idea, just replying hoping for some attention on this one.

Thanks,
BP

belljam
08-30-2004, 09:42 AM
I used to own the A75 and know several people who currently own it. The two brighter areas you see down at the bottom on the LCD screen were on mine and exist on every A75 I've seen. I've seen this issue discussed before on other digi cam websites as well and while a bit of a distraction, seems normal for the A75.

The lose part you hear rattling around seems odd and perhaps you should take it in to a photog shop to have it looked at. You shouldn't hear that kind of thing when you shake the camera.

I returned my A75 as I wanted something with a flip-screen that was at least 1.8" in size. By all accounts though, the A75 is a superior camera for the price and you should be confident that you purchased a well packaged, versatile camera that you can grow into (i.e. manuals controls and scence modes, etc.).

Hope this helped a bit.

Robert
08-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I think the "loose parts" you hear jiggling is the mechanism that places the image in a horizontal plane when a photo is taken in a vertical plane. My A75 has the same "loose parts" sound when it moved from a horizontal to vertical position. I've taken several hundred photos with the A75 and have encountered no problems whatsoever.

I have noticed the two bright spots at the bottom of the lcd display that you mentioned. This is more than likely a chronic but not serious flaw with many or all A75 digicams. It doesn't particularly bother me but that's only my opinion.

I feel that the A75 is one of the better bargains in the marketplace especially when one considers it's myriad of manual controls.

bpfirst
08-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Robert & Belljam,

Thank You so much for sharing your experiences with the A75!

You know how it is like,
"ordered online-my first digi camera-suspicious sounds" feeling.

That sure helps, i'll check and update this place if i find anything different. But your responses give me some time

Thanks,
BP