PDA

View Full Version : panoramic 750-cz

chanakya
04-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Hello,
I use Olympus 750 CZ camera and i have an issue while choosing Panoramic option, as that option looks dummied out and doesnt get activated even after changing the settings.
I have also read in this forum that you need to have Olympus XD memory card which I am using ..the memory card is og 128MB.

can you pls help?

rgd
cha

tonay
04-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi

I have also had this problem but w/ the c765. The card does not have to be printed with "olympus", it needs to me made/manufactured by olympus. A scandisc card doesn't matter if it says olympus or fuji (as I have sorely discovered). Only a card manufactured by olympus will give you the panorama function.

If I'm wrong on this - please let me know because I have a problem w/ a card too.

Geoff Chandler
04-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Hello,
I use Olympus 750 CZ camera and i have an issue while choosing Panoramic option, as that option looks dummied out and doesnt get activated even after changing the settings.
I have also read in this forum that you need to have Olympus XD memory card which I am using ..the memory card is og 128MB.

can you pls help?

rgd
cha
You do need an Olympus card for this to work - don't ask me why! it seems daft to me.

chanakya
04-26-2005, 03:16 AM
Geoff,
I am not asking why do we need a OLYMPUS card ..I would like to know why is that option dummied out? If you can guide me how to activate it it will be of a great help

rgds
cha

Geoff Chandler
04-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Ok, Good question - I've never bothered to try it on my C-740 - and it's greyed out on that as well - I suggest a trawl through the manual on the CD..
Unless someone else reading this knows the answer???
Hold on - stop the press - try putting the camera in 'P' mode and see if it becomes available - it did on mine - I never use 'P' normally - only ASM
Good luck
Geoff

Sigbhu
05-11-2005, 10:30 PM
hey--you don't have to use the olympus software!

just shoot a panorama in whatever mode yu want (forget alla bout the panorma mode--its useless) and sticth it togetehr using some professional software.

i'd recommend ptgui for the first one month (that's when it's free)