PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

Bob Bowen
04-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi, I have just recieve my Canon Rebel. I get quite confused by all the new terms used, even in my owner's manual. Is there a glossary site I can access to figure out what these unfamilar terms mean? Thanks...

Bob Bowen Durand Mi USA

D70FAN
04-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi, I have just recieve my Canon Rebel. I get quite confused by all the new terms used, even in my owner's manual. Is there a glossary site I can access to figure out what these unfamilar terms mean? Thanks...

Bob Bowen Durand Mi USA

Bob, Give us some examples and maybe we can guide you to the right tutorial.

Bob Bowen
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi George, I had a point and shoot before this camera. I don't understand what is mean by most of the terms involved with the processing programs that came with my Rebel. Saturation, color temp, what the filters are used for, I guess, any and all info I can get. I'm going to use the camera for astro imaging as well as my "daytime" camera. Astro photos need processing to look their best as well. I'm learning about stacking and working on dark frame substraction but Photo Shop 7 is real intimidating. Shoot, Photo Shop Elements is still beyond my reach. I know I can learn it but need to understand the lingo. Maybe you could recomend a book that would cover these terms. Any help is very appreciated.

Bob Bowen Durand Mi USA

Sigbhu
04-24-2005, 10:34 PM
try dpreview.com's glossary.

Bob Bowen
04-25-2005, 05:22 AM
Thanks, I'm learning a lot from the site you gave me.

Bob Bowen Durand Mi USA