PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new to the forums

Abe460
04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi, I found you guys while searching for some info on my dsc f707. I hope it's ok to post here.

Now, to my problem. I'm a very amature camera user and I don't know much about cameras in general. I've been using my DSC f707 for about two years now. I like to take pictures of still images, but would like to take a few motion capture pictures too. My problem is the time it takes for this camera to take the picture. By the time the picture is taken the motion is gone. How do I decrease the time between hitting the button and the picture being taken?

I know you guys may think this is a "noob" question, but I really can't get any answers from anyone arround here. I appologise in advance for replying with "you lost me". I honestly don't know the tech terms for anything camera related.

Sorry if I'm overstepping any boundaries for posting this early, but I'm desperate.

JTL
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi, I found you guys while searching for some info on my dsc f707. I hope it's ok to post here.

Now, to my problem. I'm a very amature camera user and I don't know much about cameras in general. I've been using my DSC f707 for about two years now. I like to take pictures of still images, but would like to take a few motion capture pictures too. My problem is the time it takes for this camera to take the picture. By the time the picture is taken the motion is gone. How do I decrease the time between hitting the button and the picture being taken?

I know you guys may think this is a "noob" question, but I really can't get any answers from anyone arround here. I appologise in advance for replying with "you lost me". I honestly don't know the tech terms for anything camera related.

Sorry if I'm overstepping any boundaries for posting this early, but I'm desperate.Interesting, since shutter lag never seemed to really be a problem on the F707...although there are many faster shooting cameras out there today. And, by today's standards, the shot-to-shot speed is not so great. One suggestion, since the F707 has manual controls and a shutter priority mode, have you tried shooting with faster shutter speeds? It should make a difference. Good luck!