PDA

View Full Version : Does the RebXT have automatic 3pic Bracketing?

Savannah
04-20-2005, 07:14 AM
I like to use bracketing with my 35 mm. I only use it with a tripod (which I hate), but if the Digital XT has an automatic brack. mode I could do this without a tripod.

Thanks,
Stacy :)

gabester
04-20-2005, 07:55 AM
I like to use bracketing with my 35 mm. I only use it with a tripod (which I hate), but if the Digital XT has an automatic brack. mode I could do this without a tripod.

Thanks,
Stacy :)

Stacy, I'm not quite sure which bracketing you are referring to; the XT has exposure and white balance bracketing but if you're mentioning using a tripod (blurry photos?) perhaps you're referring to a burst mode? The XT can do 3fps for about 13 or 14 frames. I use this sometimes when I have to use a slow shutter speed; usually a few of the 14 are sharp enough.

Savannah
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks so much for your reply. Let me clarify just a little.
I was refering to an exposure bracketing option .....takes three shots in a row, each with a different exposure value. (not a burst) You can set the EV interval as you want like 1.0EV. I know the canon xt is capable of proper exposure, but sometimes its a matter of taste. On my 35 mm Rebel you have to change it manually with the dial. Some new digitals do all this for you.
I use a tripod with my 35mm in order to capture the exact same image both above and below given exposure value and can select the one I like best when the film is developed. Of course when I do this I'm usually shooting slide film....I know that so old school...but it makes me stop,think, and compose not just point , shoot, and wonder why it looks like crap. Gosh......I hope I'm communicating this clearly. :rolleyes: Sorry if this is confusing.

Thanks

Stacy

gabester
04-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Thanks so much for your reply. Let me clarify just a little.
I was refering to an exposure bracketing option .....takes three shots in a row, each with a different exposure value. (not a burst) You can set the EV interval as you want like 1.0EV. I know the canon xt is capable of proper exposure, but sometimes its a matter of taste. On my 35 mm Rebel you have to change it manually with the dial. Some new digitals do all this for you.
I use a tripod with my 35mm in order to capture the exact same image both above and below given exposure value and can select the one I like best when the film is developed. Of course when I do this I'm usually shooting slide film....I know that so old school...but it makes me stop,think, and compose not just point , shoot, and wonder why it looks like crap. Gosh......I hope I'm communicating this clearly. :rolleyes: Sorry if this is confusing.

Thanks

Stacy

Yep, as I had mentioned before the XT does have exposure bracketing. Ahh, I see where the tripod came from now. LOL

BTW, some of us come from the old school. I actually know how to develop and print B&W photos, I used to own primes (28, 55, 135mm) and have seen a screw thread mount lens. ;-)

TheObiJuan
04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
yep, it gots it.
menu>jump>set>set>right arrow to adjust>set>menu

are you looking to get the camera, or do you already have it?

Savannah
04-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Looking....I'm picking out my own Mother's day gift. Do you have any suggestions for accesories, i.e. 1G flash card?, should I get the Vertical Battery Grip ?( I like the idea of using AA Batteries......been burned before)
How about the 580EX Flash. And the lens/lenses ........phewwww!!

Opinions are great, so let me know what you think

Stacy

Savannah
04-20-2005, 11:01 AM
yep, it gots it.
menu>jump>set>set>right arrow to adjust>set>menu

are you looking to get the camera, or do you already have it?

Thank you Thank you

Stacy