PDA

View Full Version : Help! Canon a75

Uniquelyput
08-27-2004, 08:57 PM
The a75 is my first choice for a digital camera at the moment. However, I am constantly reading reviews that say it is great and others that say it has some problems. Does anyone have first hand experience with this camera that can vouch for its quality (sample pics) ? In you opinion is the a75 the right camera to buy (do the pros out weigh the cons, my main concern is picture quality) if not can you recommend some better options. I am looking for a around 3megapixels with a 3x zoom. Thank you soooooooo much for the help!!!!!!!!!

ps. I am going to use it as an all around camera (I am in high school (18), senior year, and on the yearbook staff so I need a camera with good picture quality) Thanks again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hari
08-31-2004, 03:58 AM
I have this camera for the last 2 months. The quality of the photos is generally good. You can use some manual modes also. But the body is not that durable (Plastic !!??!!)

Battery Door and the CF door are not strong. If you are not handling properly they might break!!!

Video quality is also good. But Indoor photos are dark even with flash on. But in Manual mode you can get good photos indoors. Overall the camera is good.

Ausin
09-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Hi,
I wouldn't consider A75 now that A80 prices are down. If you can get hold of one it is a much better choice. Don't worry too much about the construction, at the end of the day if you drop any camera or mistreat it there is a good chance it will break (even if it's made of stone ) !

Happy hunting...

A.

jbx
09-09-2004, 03:50 PM
here are some examples of what you can do all images in my gallery are taken with my A-75, consider also A-80, or A-95, but i just love my A-75

http://gallery.photographyreview.com/showphoto.php?photo=4116&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=524

Gordon Freeman
09-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Canon A75 is a very good camera,

the A75 sample pictures in this site and steves-digital.com are very good ( it seems better than A95 for sharpness and purple fringing ! ) , good and big LCD screen ( 1,8 " )