PDA

View Full Version : Where's a good place to get memory cards and batteries?

bastetbabe27
04-17-2005, 02:11 PM
So I'm pretty much decided on what camera I'll get (most likely Pan. FZ5, or FZ3 if the parents want to go cheaper) and I'll need accessories like an extra battery and high speed memory card(s), case, etc.

I've heard that buying these things at the same place you get the camera is asking for overpricing. I.e., getting the "accessories upgrade" pack and such.

So, where's a good place to get these things for good prices, as I'd rather not increase the price of the camera by $200 just getting the stuff necessary to use it and carry it around.

Also, should you only get the battery made by the camera company, if it's a proprietary battery? I've seen ones not made by Panasonic that are supposed to be for their FZ line, just wondering.

-bastetbabe27

jnkoh
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
I just bought some stuff, memory cards, card reader at newegg.com, I would also check out zipzoomfly.com too.

for cases and stuff, if you are not picky, I would go with something on ebay. THey have some inexpensive cases.

cheese
04-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I buy all of that type of stuff from computer hardware places like newegg and zipzoomfly. They tend to have excellent pricing.

Fred
04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Another satisfied Newegg customer here for most electronic stuff, although they did not have an extensive battery selection last time I checked. For batteries and chargers you might want to consider Thomas Distributing:

www.thomas-distributing.com

Steve-O
04-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Just made my first digital accessory purchase (memory card) from techonweb.com, great price. Will follow up with overall experience.

Good luck.

Steve-O
04-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi, me again. Placed my order at www.techonweb.com and just received it today. Not sure if maybe they have a warehouse near GA, but that's amazing. I placed order online, and experienced zero problems, even though my ship-to address was different than my billing address on my credit card. All in all, a perfect experience - cheap, quick, trouble-free. :D

d48
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I usually buy memory cards from buy.com and sometimes from newegg.com.

You can get awesome prices from buy.com, especially when they have rebates available.

Bucksnort
04-29-2005, 01:15 PM
For memory I use Newegg. For batteries and chargers I use Thomas distributing, very nice products and prices there as well as lots of info u can use regarding nimh batteries, best chargers etc.
Thomas distributing (http://thomas-distributing.com)