PDA

View Full Version : Big Hands holding small packages

2150-bye
04-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I have handled so many cameras in weeks gone by,(I should get some palmolive) and one thing I seem to remember is that propping device they use to display the cameras ,I continually remember holding on to it with my left hand and wondered if they make some type of handle or grip that could be screwed into the tripod flange to aid in control ? Like a one handed mini monopod.
To get a true picture of my plight the 20D even feel small in my hands . I guess a trip to local machine shop is in order ,as I guess the thread count on tripod attachment is universal . Any thoughts on this

gary_hendricks
04-15-2005, 03:30 AM
I have handled so many cameras in weeks gone by,(I should get some palmolive) and one thing I seem to remember is that propping device they use to display the cameras ,I continually remember holding on to it with my left hand and wondered if they make some type of handle or grip that could be screwed into the tripod flange to aid in control ? Like a one handed mini monopod.
To get a true picture of my plight the 20D even feel small in my hands . I guess a trip to local machine shop is in order ,as I guess the thread count on tripod attachment is universal . Any thoughts on this

Wow. A 20D is pretty big in my opinion. A monopod will certainly help you out.

Norm in Fujino
04-15-2005, 03:33 AM
A number of the currently available crop of dSLRs have external battery packs available that increase the size (and weight), making them easier to handle for some people. Here's the Oly E-1 and Nikon d100 side by side with the optional battery grips:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/e1/e1_d100_front.jpg

gary_hendricks
04-15-2005, 05:32 AM
A number of the currently available crop of dSLRs have external battery packs available that increase the size (and weight), making them easier to handle for some people. Here's the Oly E-1 and Nikon d100 side by side with the optional battery grips:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/e1/e1_d100_front.jpg

Interesting - worth checking em' out.

speaklightly
04-15-2005, 09:56 AM
2150-bye-

The tripod thread is 1/4-20.

Sarah Joyce

ReF
04-15-2005, 08:20 PM

i once met a guy who had a tiny table top tripod attached to his d-slr that served as a grip similar to the ones used to display cameras. a trip to the machine shop may not be neccessary as the thread count/pitch and size is VERY common - the tripod mount is pretty much like a 1/4 course thread nut found in every hardware store, so it should be extremely easy to find a bolt that fits it. or you could take the easy route and buy a cheap monopod, then cut off whatever is below the handle.