PDA

View Full Version : UK lowest prices?

Mikko
04-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi!

I am going to get FZ20 very soon and would like to be sure to get cheap.
Pixmania has it for 344 + postage (dont know how much). Any other places to get cheap to UK (Scotland). Any EU country with reasonable postage prices should be ok.

US prices seem to be much cheaper, but i think i should pay toll taxes if i order outside EU? Anyone have experiences?

Thanks!

/Mikko

Rhys
04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi!

I am going to get FZ20 very soon and would like to be sure to get cheap.
Pixmania has it for 344 + postage (dont know how much). Any other places to get cheap to UK (Scotland). Any EU country with reasonable postage prices should be ok.

US prices seem to be much cheaper, but i think i should pay toll taxes if i order outside EU? Anyone have experiences?

Thanks!

/Mikko

You'll pay VAT and get whacked by import duty on top of VAT plus a handling fee from the post office and you even get charged VAT and duty on the postage! Try www.7dayshop.com as their price includes VAT. Believe it or not but you even get taxed on goods imported from EEC countries!

Mikko
04-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Thanks Rhys for info.

Has anyone used 7dayShop? Their prices seem to be really low... attempting. But they dont have FZ20... but Rebel for 409!
I have just heard so much negative about many internet stores.

/Mikko

Rhys
04-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Thanks Rhys for info.

Has anyone used 7dayShop? Their prices seem to be really low... attempting. But they dont have FZ20... but Rebel for 409!
I have just heard so much negative about many internet stores.

/Mikko

I have used them a little. They're always advertising in AP. They're based in Guernesey. I've mainly bought CF and SM cards from them. They seem pretty good although delivery can take about ten days.

gary_hendricks
04-15-2005, 06:37 AM
You'll pay VAT and get whacked by import duty on top of VAT plus a handling fee from the post office and you even get charged VAT and duty on the postage! Try www.7dayshop.com as their price includes VAT. Believe it or not but you even get taxed on goods imported from EEC countries!

Hey a friend of mine in the UK uses www.7dayshop.com and was very impressed.

Rhys
04-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Hey a friend of mine in the UK uses www.7dayshop.com and was very impressed.

Until I came to the US to marry the love of my life, I was in the UK

wild_oscar
04-15-2005, 12:08 PM
And have you tried looking outside the UK? Prices in Germany are usually cheaper!

MiNDGAM3
04-19-2005, 04:12 PM
seen it at dabs.com for 330 but i'm not sure if they have any in stock at the moment