PDA

View Full Version : My first D70 to be delivered today

JubalH
04-12-2005, 06:22 AM
After spending several months fighting with a Canon Rebel I decided to go back to my roots and go Nikon. My D70 is supposed to be delivered today. Yippee!

Of course it will be complete torture waiting for the battery to charge up so I can play with it :-)

Ray Schnoor
04-12-2005, 06:48 AM
After spending several months fighting with a Canon Rebel I decided to go back to my roots and go Nikon. My D70 is supposed to be delivered today. Yippee!

Of course it will be complete torture waiting for the battery to charge up so I can play with it :-)

Congrats on the new D70. Out of curiosity, was that a digital Rebel, and what were you fighting about?

Ray.

D70FAN
04-12-2005, 02:20 PM

Actually if you don't mind dropping about $15 on three CR2's you can use the emergency battery 3 pack that comes with your D70, and be up and running instantly. Since the CR2 lithiums are available at the local Walgreens and have a shelf life of up to 10 years I keep my emergency pack ready to go. Just one of those thoughtfull things that Nikon did with the D70. Almost as good as having AA's. ;)

I recommend that you have 2 EN-EL3's as well. One in the camera and one in the charger.

speaklightly
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
JubalH-

Enjoy your Nikon D-70. It is a great digital camera. personally, I love landscapes like the attached digital photo. However, the most important thing is to enjoy and learn.

Sarah Joyce

JubalH
04-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Yes, it was a digital Rebel that the D70 is replacing and perhaps 'fighting' isn't the right word.

In reality, now that I've used both side by side I think 'annoyed' is a better term. Don't get me wrong, the Canon was a nice camera. It was much better than any standard point and shoot digital I've touched so far but it wasn't nearly as good as my 35mm Nikon SLR was.

The Canon felt cheap. The body didn't have a solid feel to it. I also have relatively small hands so the body also felt too bulky. The Nikon D70 feels stronger and fits my grip better. I'm still getting adjusted to the controls and the caveats of using my older lenses on it. I got an error code on my very first AF lens and had to pull out ye old manual to figure out what I was doing wrong.

In the end I might have kept the Canon if I had never touched a Nikon before (and didn't already have several Nikon lenses). But now that I've seen the light there's no going back.

TheObiJuan
04-13-2005, 07:43 AM
hehe, congrats on your purchase.
My 350D came with a fully charged battery... that was fun.

sarcazmo
04-13-2005, 11:47 PM
I too just purchased a D70.

It's a stellar camera. Almost went with a 20D but preferred the Nikon ergonomics... and the price!

Enjoy your camera!