PDA

View Full Version : FZ3 vs. S1 is

jcachon
08-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Looking for a new camera with a long zoom. The Panasonic FZ3 looks enticing with 12x Optical, but Canon seems to have a better reputation overall with digital cameras. Which one should I buy? Help...

speaklightly
08-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Well the Panasonic FZ-3 will not be realsed until the end of September. Although several previews have been done of the FZ-3, no real digital camera review has been done. So essentially the Panasonic FZ-3 is still "a cat in a bag." About all we know is what it will probably look like and its MSRP of $US 399.

In contrast the Canon S-1 has received many excellent reviews and many user reports and comments have been published. At an average internet price of $US 330, the Canon S-1 with its many features represents a very good value.

I own the Panasonic FZ-10 and it is a good camera, but unfortunately, for my usage, it is too large. I also own the Canon S-1, and an Olympus C-765. I use the Canon S-1 and the C-765 a whole lot more than the Panasonic FZ-10.

Sarah Joyce

postman
08-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Speak :) How is that 765 in low light?

speaklightly
08-25-2004, 06:18 PM
The Olympus C-765 is quite variable. I have shot wonderful disco/stage show events with ease. However, the next event might be a bust. The key is the volume of the light. So, no, the Olympus C-765 is not stellar in terms of focusing in low light situations.

Sarah Joyce