PDA

View Full Version : Casio EX-P505 vs Panasonic DMC-FZ5

fodio
04-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi All,

I am planning to get a digital camera for a trip to Aust. I have 2 camera's in mind, Casio EX-P505 and Panasonic DMC-FZ5

Can anyone me advise on these 2 cameras. I mean, i know most of the specs already. I love the Casio for being small and sleek with a rotating LCD. But I have read reviews that the image produced by the Casio P505 is not the sharpest in it's class. I have downloaded a few photos and see them myself though. It appeared to have little noise and not as sharp as the Panasonic. On the other hand, the Panasonic FZ5 is bigger and more bulkier compared to the Casio P505. It also does not have a rotating LCD and it's smaller than the Casio's P505 LCD. Also I heard that the Panasonic do not have a manual focus. What is a manual focus? And is it necessary. Also, the Panasonic FZ5 does not look as sleek and unique like the Caiso P505 (My own opinion) But one thing best about the Panasonic FZ5 is that it produces better image quality than the Casio. It appeared sharper and less noiser than the Casio P505.

One thing i like to know is, whether the Panasonic has a pop-up flash like the Casio. Also the Panasonic FZ5 appeared to have a larger lens. Is having a larger lens better than a smaller lens.

Can someone compare both the Panasonic FZ5 and Casio P505 images and tell me whether I compared them correctly. That the Panasonic is much more superior than the Casio. Thank You!

So the question is, which is more important? Functionality like the Casio P505 or Photographic Qualities like the Panasonic FZ5. Of couse i'd like to have both of best worlds.

Please Advice~

Thanks you

Regards,
Daniel

Jeff Keller
04-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Per the forum rules, cross-posting is not permitted. I'm closing this thread, so replies should go here (http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6905).