PDA

View Full Version : Sensible Graphics Package

Geoff Chandler
04-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Just curious to see if anyone can suggest a really good, intuitive, not too expensive package for tweaking photos.
I already have a few - so I am not desperate. I am enjoying adjusting a few of my photos and I'm pretty pleased with the results ~ so far my favourite is a sort of Photoshop clone called Serif - and the version I have is v8. It benefits from a preview screen to allow you to observe effects before applying them - also this applies to exporting/saving when applying compression. The only thing I haven't found on it is a red-eye reduction tool.
I have an old version of Paint Shop Pro, which I occasionally use. The bonus, it seems, with that is it seems easier to change the size of the various tools/affects I am using. I also have one of the Arcsofts which is helpfull with red eye. Appart from those and, of course MSPaint I also have Picture It which I rarely use these days. I never bothered to download Camedia, but I did download the DiMAGE program - though I only use it to remember exif info.
If there was one program that encapsulated all the good points the 3 main packages I use have I would consider it - otherwise I am quite happy to carry on as I am. ;)

speaklightly
04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Geoff-

I tended to use MS Digital Image Pro Ver 10 for a long time, but have been returning, more and more to Photoshop Version 7.

Sarah Joyce

Geoff Chandler
04-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't know MS Digital Image Pro Ver 10 but I have heard a lot of good reports on, Photoshop ~ maybe I'll look into that one then sometime..
Thanks