PDA

View Full Version : Compact, External Memory, 3MP, <$200

beckerunderwood
08-24-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm looking to arm all of my sales reps with digital cameras. I'd like to have something that is lightweight since they'll be hauling it everywhere they go. It also needs to be durable, since it will be outdoors in mulch yards all day long. A case will be an obvious requirement, but beyond the scope of this post. I'd also like something that stores the pics on SD or CF cards so they can also carry USB readers to easily copy off the pictures without needing to install any software. This way, they could retrieve them on the customer's computer as well if necessary. These are mainly for screen viewing, not necessarily for print, so it doesn't need to be more than 3MP. Also, all of these pictures will be taken outdoors, so the LCD screen needs to be descent, or at least have the option to use a viewfinder in case the sun bleaches out the image on the LCD screen. Am I asking too much to try to find all of this for under $200? I'd like something that has been out long enough to get enough reviews that I know it will be dependable. There are just so many cameras out there, I don't know where to start. If you could post a few suggestions on where to start, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

speaklightly
08-24-2004, 08:11 AM
The Canon A-70 is rapidly approaching your price point and is very dependable.

Sarah Joyce

beckerunderwood
08-24-2004, 03:51 PM
The Canon A-70 is rapidly approaching your price point and is very dependable.

Sarah Joyce

What about the Nikon Coolpix 2200 2MP Camera? I know it's not a 3MP, but for $150 it appears to be a nice compact camera with good reviews on Amazon.com. Would anyone steer me towards or away from this one for any reason?

Aaron