PDA

View Full Version : Rebel XT w/kit lens for $849 from Dell Home

gabester
04-07-2005, 10:32 AM
That's with the 18-55 lens. Use coupon code 6FLLKQ5?GRKH17. I hope it's still valid. I don't see any other stackable coupons to put on top of that, sorry. Good luck.

ggw2000
04-07-2005, 12:49 PM
That's with the 18-55 lens. Use coupon code 6FLLKQ5?GRKH17. I hope it's still valid. I don't see any other stackable coupons to put on top of that, sorry. Good luck.

It's valid as of this minute unless I used the last one ;). Can't believe a $149 coupon on a new item. WOW! Thanks again, Gerry

gabester
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
It's valid as of this minute unless I used the last one ;). Can't believe a $149 coupon on a new item. WOW! Thanks again, Gerry

Gerry, some lucky souls were able to get the XT + kit lens for $789 when Dell also had a stackable $60 coupon a couple of weeks ago. I only did slightly better than you ($30 stackable coupon). In either case, I'm glad you were able to make use of the coupon!

The watcher
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
If anyone finds new coupons, please post :rolleyes:
Just mist the 10% off plus stackable $90 off!

MrForgetable
04-17-2005, 09:10 PM
when the XT with kit has stackable coupons until it hits 600 dollars, I will get it!

:p

The watcher
04-18-2005, 01:13 AM
This one would have bought you a Rebel XT without lens kit for a little bit more than 700!!!

gabester
04-20-2005, 09:36 AM
This one would have bought you a Rebel XT without lens kit for a little bit more than 700!!!

Yeah, it's like buying computers...you can wait until the prices go down, or you can start taking wonderful pictures now. $849 for the XT is not bad at all. :)

gary_hendricks
04-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks gabster - that's a great lead.

The watcher
04-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Thursday I hope to get it for less ;)

MrForgetable
04-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah, it's like buying computers...you can wait until the prices go down, or you can start taking wonderful pictures now. $849 for the XT is not bad at all. :)

249 dollars is a lot for a high school sophomore without a job!!!!

The watcher
04-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Yes, I can at least buy a 2g Compact Flash for that + a battery :)

Bluedog
04-21-2005, 06:03 AM
Yes, I can at least buy a 2g Compact Flash for that + a battery :)

Better yet buy 2 - 1g CF cards + battery.

gary_hendricks
04-21-2005, 07:04 AM
YEs, agree with BlueDog, always go for separate 1GB cards, spread the risk :)

gabester
04-21-2005, 08:52 AM
249 dollars is a lot for a high school sophomore without a job!!!!

Agreed! :) I remember many years ago, as a teen, begging my Dad to buy me my Pentax SP1000 (match-needle metering, screw thread lens mount). When he relented we took the subway into New York City to buy my beloved Pentax at something like $200, which was a lot 30 years ago especially to a guy who worked graveyard shift back then. He never made a fuss about the price; just wanted to make sure that was exactly what I wanted.

Anyway, you could ask for a parental loan then pay them back a little bit week by week...or use the camera to make some cash on the side. Another thing you could try would be to open a Dell Preferred account and make interest-free payments over many months. In any case, I hope you get your beloved camera. :)

gabester
04-21-2005, 09:27 AM
By the way, CF cards are 30% off at Dell. As one example, you can get a Sandisk Ultra II 512 Mb card for $41.99. No coupon is required, but if you can find one to add on to your order, more power to you!

The watcher
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
YEs, agree with BlueDog, always go for separate 1GB cards, spread the risk :)
What kind of risk?
I have one disk in my camera, and it never failed me!
No need to switch al the time etc..
But please explain the benefits?

Savannah
04-21-2005, 04:44 PM
How can I get a coupon??

aparmley
04-21-2005, 05:02 PM
the watcher -- Well, I suppose until you have one jump out of your hands into a lake or have one crap out on ya or lets just say that somehow it manages to draw interest from the cat, who paws at it unitl it falls off the table which then peaks the interest of your dog, I suppose until any of that happens to you, there would appear to be no risk.

I would prefer 2-1GB cards because I would like to be able to have one incase something should happen to the first one. It always nice to have a backup... Even if you don't lose any pictures... if the card gets damaged or lost some how, even while its empty, you might appreciate knowing that you have another one that you can use for the time being. Thats my take on it anyways.

gabester
04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
How can I get a coupon??

Stacy, try this link (http://www.xpbargains.com/dell_coupons/). Check the expiration date of the coupon you want to use. Also note that each couoon has a limited number of uses (first 1000 people who use it online, for example). The trick is hitting this webpage a few times a day, seven days a week. It's how I got my XT + lens kit for $819. :)

Bluedog
04-22-2005, 05:49 AM
What kind of risk?
I have one disk in my camera, and it never failed me!
No need to switch al the time etc..
But please explain the benefits?

But theres always that risk involved, kinda like insurance if something did happen. I saved a few dollars buying 2 - 1g CF's as opposed to 1 - 2g CF.

jhsyang99
04-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Ordered on 4/8 with different coupons and was suppossed to get the XT w/ Lens Kit for $820 (no tax) including overnight shipping. They changed the ship date on me three times. When to J&R, they price matched Newegg ($969). Got a filter and camera bag for $1080 (including tax).

I couldn't be happier. I don't mind paying the $260 because I hate the games they play with their website. If smaller operators can be honest about their inventory and ship dates, the Dell can, but somehow refuse to do so. I love the XT and couldn't keep waiting for Dell to ship or the new Nikons to come out. I got the camera to capture my growing daughter and she was getting bigger by the day. I've taken about 50 shots in three days and this weekend will take a hundred more. Good luck with those who bought from Dell (I"m sure you'll get it eventually) but be warned it may take a while.

nate
04-22-2005, 02:27 PM
By the way, CF cards are 30% off at Dell. As one example, you can get a Sandisk Ultra II 512 Mb card for $41.99. No coupon is required, but if you can find one to add on to your order, more power to you!

Where are you seeing this? I checked the site yesterday and today, and have seen no sale prices for Ultra II's.

Bluedog
04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Where are you seeing this? I checked the site yesterday and today, and have seen no sale prices for Ultra II's.

Just go to newegg.com they are that cheap or cheaper all the time with 2nd day FedEx shipping.

aparmley
04-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Thats right blue dog.
As of this second:
body only silver - 829
body only black - 888 - explaing that please!
lens kit silver - 948
lens kit black -979 - again.. same camera? the color really makes it more expensive huh?? Wow!

D70FAN
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Thats right blue dog.
As of this second:
body only silver - 829
body only black - 888 - explaing that please!
lens kit silver - 948
lens kit black -979 - again.. same camera? the color really makes it more expensive huh?? Wow!

Black plastic is more expensive? Canon did that with the original DReb as well. Charge more for the popular body.

I didn't think they were going to offer the silver body in North America.

Oh well.

nate
04-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Black plastic is more expensive? Canon did that with the original DReb as well. Charge more for the popular body.

Oh well.

Canon is not setting those prices; the dealer is. And they are just responding to supply and demand. Why do you suppose that many places have had plenty of silvers but sold out of the blacks?

aparmley
04-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I prefer the black to the silver, but at the end of the day, I am not going to be sitting there thinking.. boy that camera is a beauty.. I hopefully should be saying, I was able to capture some wonderful moments and they turned out very nice! I am considering the silver, same damn camera... But, darn! That silver just screams CHEAPO! IDK why that is, but it just seems to scream that to me. I have been watching the prices daily... somedays the Black comes down to the silver price... and currently the silver kit package has a $40 instant rebate on it at newegg.com... I guess they are needing to move some of the silver ones... like at least one? LOL ahhh that cracks me up. what to do...

nate
04-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I prefer the black to the silver, but at the end of the day, I am not going to be sitting there thinking.. boy that camera is a beauty.. I hopefully should be saying, I was able to capture some wonderful moments and they turned out very nice! I am considering the silver, same damn camera... But, darn! That silver just screams CHEAPO! IDK why that is, but it just seems to scream that to me. I have been watching the prices daily... somedays the Black comes down to the silver price... and currently the silver kit package has a $40 instant rebate on it at newegg.com... I guess they are needing to move some of the silver ones... like at least one? LOL ahhh that cracks me up. what to do...

I ordered the silver kit from BestBuy.com, when it could be had for $900 shortly after its release. But I returned it, after deciding that I didn't want to constantly hear the tiny little voice saying, "sure would be nice to have black." :)

I love my black one (from Dell)!

aparmley
04-22-2005, 05:57 PM
LOL @ nate.

I fear that little voice... I know hes in there waiting... haha... Darnit.. looks like the black has got the call! LOL

Rex914
04-22-2005, 06:16 PM

Oh well.

Huh? They are the same price. It's the store's choice to charge more. Nasty scheme on the part of the store, but it makes sense if you're out to make a profit.

gabester
04-22-2005, 10:24 PM

It's expired. Here's the original link (http://dealmac.com/articles/30+off+CompactFlash+at+Dell+Home+4GB+highspeed+for +262+more+updated/85161.html). These deals from Dell (especially the dSLRs) are ephemeral by nature, so ya gotta be on your toes to snatch one of them up (like the lucky stiff on the DP Review forums who got his XT + lens kit for $789).

MrForgetable
04-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Agreed! :) I remember many years ago, as a teen, begging my Dad to buy me my Pentax SP1000 (match-needle metering, screw thread lens mount). When he relented we took the subway into New York City to buy my beloved Pentax at something like $200, which was a lot 30 years ago especially to a guy who worked graveyard shift back then. He never made a fuss about the price; just wanted to make sure that was exactly what I wanted.

Anyway, you could ask for a parental loan then pay them back a little bit week by week...or use the camera to make some cash on the side. Another thing you could try would be to open a Dell Preferred account and make interest-free payments over many months. In any case, I hope you get your beloved camera. :)

i've done enough begging for a while. i needed my mom's credit card to make a fairly large purchase (apple 15" powerbook+ipod). so that took a while. plus we just got a canon SD300 from a family friend as a gift... and my parents think it is way too good for us already (it just gets kind of tiring using the AiAF and having no exposure controls except for the long shutter mode), so as a sophomore in HS, i think I have it very well, and I probably shouldn't beg for more.

the loan is a nice idea, but i don't have enough money left over from my purchase for even an original digital rebel + 18-55mm kit lens, and don't have a steady source of income and I really should be studying for my SATs next year :p

gabester
04-23-2005, 05:01 AM
i've done enough begging for a while. i needed my mom's credit card to make a fairly large purchase (apple 15" powerbook+ipod). so that took a while. plus we just got a canon SD300 from a family friend as a gift... and my parents think it is way too good for us already (it just gets kind of tiring using the AiAF and having no exposure controls except for the long shutter mode), so as a sophomore in HS, i think I have it very well, and I probably shouldn't beg for more.

the loan is a nice idea, but i don't have enough money left over from my purchase for even an original digital rebel + 18-55mm kit lens, and don't have a steady source of income and I really should be studying for my SATs next year :p

Man...15" Al Powerbook AND iPod??!! Do your parents want to adopt a grown middle-aged guy? LOL Seriously, your parents are very generous and you are quite lucky.

Anyway, you might want to check out this link (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=2891) from time to time (I still do; it's fun browsing). Who knows, you might be able to get a used dReb + 18-55 for less than $500 before the summer's over. The lowest I've seen so far is $579, and remember that B&H Photo is very reputable unlike many of the retailers in NYC who always pop up with the lowest prices on Froogle searches. Good luck to you.

theophilus
04-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Just paid $764 + tax (total $827) at Dell (silver w/lens). You need a Dell Preferred Account to get an additional 10% off of the $849. Plus no interest until 2006.

MrForgetable
04-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Man...15" Al Powerbook AND iPod??!! Do your parents want to adopt a grown middle-aged guy? LOL Seriously, your parents are very generous and you are quite lucky.

Anyway, you might want to check out this link (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=2891) from time to time (I still do; it's fun browsing). Who knows, you might be able to get a used dReb + 18-55 for less than $500 before the summer's over. The lowest I've seen so far is $579, and remember that B&H Photo is very reputable unlike many of the retailers in NYC who always pop up with the lowest prices on Froogle searches. Good luck to you.

i paid for half of it myself since I had been saving up for the past 4 years for a mac. but yeah, my parents are very generous. i did get the ipod for 70 dollars though.

i've been looking around bhphoto and fredmiranda's forums and they really have some good prices for used digital rebels (black ones too!). right now i have about 360 dollars saved up so i'm not too far away, but i would like to have some money left over for some other things, so I probably will not get it until the digital rebel is 500 dollars with the kit lens and maybe a battery grip too and I have at least 200 dollars extra saved up. i do need to live :p

thanks! i'm hoping the D70 will drop to the digital rebel pricing but I hear nikon is discontinuing it... it sounds like more of a robust camera with the kit lens than the digital rebel. the 3 second powerup is kind of bothering me since the SD300 has spoiled me with it's 1 second start up but I will wait and see what there is on the field when I get enough money.

Thanks!

theophilus
04-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh yeah, and free 3-5 day shipping. I didn't have an account before today, if you have decent credit it will approve your account in less than a minute.

The watcher
04-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Got the black body only from Dell: $699
It will ship in 1,5 week, and after emailing about the ship date, they gave me 1 day shipping for free!
The CF card 30% off was till Thursday, but they gave it to me anyway on Friday after asking about it. But the card is probably taking to long (backorder) so I will cancel that one, and get it in a couple of days.

Anyone knows a good walkarround lens for max $400,- (poor student)?

JTL
04-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Got the black body only from Dell: $699
It will ship in 1,5 week, and after emailing about the ship date, they gave me 1 day shipping for free!
The CF card 30% off was till Thursday, but they gave it to me anyway on Friday after asking about it. But the card is probably taking to long (backorder) so I will cancel that one, and get it in a couple of days.

Anyone knows a good walkarround lens for max $400,- (poor student)?The new Sigma 18-200 is currently available for 398.89...

http://focuscamera.com/camera-store/sigma-18-200-3-5-6-3-dc-for-canon-af-777101.html

Don't know anything about this store...just provided as an example...

The watcher
04-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Where can I find more information about the Sigma, because I can't find some good review about the quality?

D70FAN
04-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Huh? They are the same price. It's the store's choice to charge more. Nasty scheme on the part of the store, but it makes sense if you're out to make a profit.

That was tongue-in-cheek.

I think most businesses are out to make a profit. Nasty thing profit. Seems it's the only way to keep the business, but people seem to get really upset when you make one. ;)

Except the stockholders. Greedy little @#$&%. :D

D70FAN
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Where can I find more information about the Sigma, because I can't find some good review about the quality?

There is one side-by-side on a japanese website...

According to gabester the lenses are Sigma 18-200, Tamron 18-200 and Sigma 18-125. Using a Canon XT (Digital Kiss N in Japan).

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2005/04/07/1335.html

Thanks to gabester for finding this site.

The watcher
04-23-2005, 11:23 PM
I was more hoping for something like Fred & Miranda:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/
or a clear review with the pro's and cons..

D70FAN
04-23-2005, 11:49 PM
I was more hoping for something like Fred & Miranda:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/
or a clear review with the pro's and cons..

Since both lenses are pretty new, it may take a while to get full reviews.

The watcher
04-24-2005, 03:21 PM
But what are the expectations?
Is it looking like Sigma made a very good lens?
Is it at least as good as the Tokina 24-200?

In my search I also found this link:
http://imageevent.com/microsaft/tamron/
But no Sigma pictures :(

The watcher
04-24-2005, 04:16 PM
There is one side-by-side on a japanese website...

According to gabester the lenses are Sigma 18-200, Tamron 18-200 and Sigma 18-125. Using a Canon XT (Digital Kiss N in Japan).

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2005/04/07/1335.html

Thanks to gabester for finding this site.

A thread on Dpreview forums about those pictures:
[urlhttp://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=13016648[/url]

gabester
04-25-2005, 01:25 PM
A thread on Dpreview forums about those pictures:
[urlhttp://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=13016648[/url]

I viewed the DP Review thread, hoping to find out the answer to this mystery: why are the 200mm photos from the Tamron "larger" than those from the Sigma?? I couldn't find anything. According to the Japanese site (I ran it through a babelfish.altavista.com translator) they're from the same camera (Rebel XT), so they should appear at the same "size". Anyone have any ideas?

TheObiJuan
04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
It appears that Tamron adhears closer to the true focal range than sigma. However, the sigma handles CA much better, provides better color, and produces much sharper images. I am seriously thinking about this one.
I would pay an extra 400 if it was f/2.8 :D
even if it was f/2.8-f/4 I would pay a lot extra.

The watcher
04-25-2005, 03:24 PM
How does the Sigma compare to a Tokona 24-200?

D70FAN
04-25-2005, 04:15 PM
I viewed the DP Review thread, hoping to find out the answer to this mystery: why are the 200mm photos from the Tamron "larger" than those from the Sigma?? I couldn't find anything. According to the Japanese site (I ran it through a babelfish.altavista.com translator) they're from the same camera (Rebel XT), so they should appear at the same "size". Anyone have any ideas?

It's possible that this is not the definitive review we are waiting for. So maybe wait for another review...or two. Or better yet try the lenses in-person. I have a tendency not to trust a single source for reviews. Even with the apparently accurate photozone lens ratings I am looking primarily as a general reference point.

Not that I can afford any new lenses anyway...

...but just in case I win the lottery or something it's always nice to be ready.

D70FAN
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
It appears that Tamron adhears closer to the true focal range than sigma. However, the sigma handles CA much better, provides better color, and produces much sharper images. I am seriously thinking about this one.
I would pay an extra 400 if it was f/2.8 :D
even if it was f/2.8-f/4 I would pay a lot extra.

I think the idea was to make fairly compact, lightweight, versitile lenses. I'm willing to bet that a 18-200 f2.8 - f4 would be one big hunken lens.

Incidently, Norman Camera will have the Sigma 18-200 for $397.

TheObiJuan
04-25-2005, 06:11 PM
do you know when they will have it at that price? Amazon listed at $399 but who knows...
I hope there will be no issues with focusing with this lens.

Savannah
04-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Stacy, try this link (http://www.xpbargains.com/dell_coupons/). Check the expiration date of the coupon you want to use. Also note that each couoon has a limited number of uses (first 1000 people who use it online, for example). The trick is hitting this webpage a few times a day, seven days a week. It's how I got my XT + lens kit for $819. :)

gabester,

Just want to say Thank You for the link to the Dell Coupons!! I ordered my XT w/ lens this am ($817 everything -- 15% + 10% off)!! You helped me to save a lot of cash! :D . I just can't wait. Thanks again for taking the time to help posters. Its greatly appreciated and makes a huge difference!!

Stacy

PS... I'll be following these posts carefully as now I have a little more cash to invest in lenses!! ;)

gabester
04-26-2005, 12:25 PM
gabester,

Just want to say Thank You for the link to the Dell Coupons!! I ordered my XT w/ lens this am ($817 everything -- 15% + 10% off)!! You helped me to save a lot of cash! :D . I just can't wait. Thanks again for taking the time to help posters. Its greatly appreciated and makes a huge difference!!

Stacy

PS... I'll be following these posts carefully as now I have a little more cash to invest in lenses!! ;)

I'm glad you were able to snag it at a great price, cool beans! And you bested me by $2. :mad: j/k!

Just one question though --- Shouldn't 25% (15%+10%) off $999 amount to $749?? If I'm right, then you'll have surpassed my Mom as the Coupon Queen Of The Universe.

gabester
04-26-2005, 12:28 PM
do you know when they will have it at that price? Amazon listed at $399 but who knows...
I hope there will be no issues with focusing with this lens.

BH Photo has the Sigma in stock now for $399 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=373747&is=REG).

TheObiJuan
04-26-2005, 12:30 PM
haha, I was searching for it yesterday their and didn't find it. Thanks!

gabester
04-26-2005, 12:45 PM
haha, I was searching for it yesterday their and didn't find it. Thanks!

ObiJuan, are you gonna get it? Will you be the intrepid ultra-zoom pioneer of the the dSLR crowd? The Lewis and Clark of DC Resource? Let's cheer him on guys...HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO.... (sounds too much like Fear Factor, doesn't it?)

The watcher
04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
I finally went for the:

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di Autofocus
(I know I will have a goodone on that one :D )

Plus to extend my range:
Tamron Zoom Telephoto AF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 LD Macro AF

Just to begin with, I will later replace the zoom for a better one, but I heard the Tamron 75-300 is better than the Canons, and cheaper!

I heard my Rebel XT (black) is shipping the first week of May from Dell!
15% off + $65 off

TheObiJuan
04-26-2005, 02:20 PM
The sigma 75-300 APO Macro is much better. It controls chromatic abboration much better and even does decent macro, although not 1:1.

The watcher
04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
You mean the Sigma 70-300?

Do you have some reviews, because I read that the Tamron was better?

TheObiJuan
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
ObiJuan, are you gonna get it? Will you be the intrepid ultra-zoom pioneer of the the dSLR crowd? The Lewis and Clark of DC Resource? Let's cheer him on guys...HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO.... (sounds too much like Fear Factor, doesn't it?)

see this thread for info on both lenses. I posted some images from the review comparing them.

http://dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=38417#post38417

TheObiJuan
04-26-2005, 03:02 PM
You mean the Sigma 70-300?

Do you have some reviews, because I read that the Tamron was better?

Yes, sorry, the sigma 70-300. I will look. But I did extensive seaching and researching months ago when I was displeased with the canon 75-300 USM III.

theophilus
04-26-2005, 03:12 PM
My Dell arrived in the mail yesterday. Their email said it would ship May 9th and when I checked the website yesterday DHL said it was with their courier.

Doing their Preferred thing must bump you to the top of the list, I ordered it Saturday morning, selected 3-5 day shipping, and it was in my hands Monday evening.

FYI, it's not a true 25% off. $149 off, then 10% off of that. 10% off of $850 isn't $100 :)

I had to pay $827 total w/tax & shipping.

Bought a case today and 1gig card, looking for a lense and a tripod. Should I spend money on a 70-200 and live with the kit lense? Or should I replace the kit lense?

Savannah
04-26-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm glad you were able to snag it at a great price, cool beans! And you bested me by $2. :mad: j/k!

Just one question though --- Shouldn't 25% (15%+10%) off $999 amount to $749?? If I'm right, then you'll have surpassed my Mom as the Coupon Queen Of The Universe.

Sorry Gabster......your math is a little... .um....Fuzzy. First you take 15% off ($999-149=849. Then you take the 10% off ( $849-84.9=764.1) then add tax 53.00= $817.10.

Saving money is so cool. I only beat you by 2 because of state tax.
Stacy

The watcher
04-26-2005, 06:47 PM
My Dell arrived in the mail yesterday. Their email said it would ship May 9th and when I checked the website yesterday DHL said it was with their courier.

Doing their Preferred thing must bump you to the top of the list, I ordered it Saturday morning, selected 3-5 day shipping, and it was in my hands Monday evening.
I assume it was the silver one?
Black Rebel XT is on backorder!

ocupopper
05-02-2005, 01:35 PM
when was the last time you or someone you know received a black rebel Xt from dell...mine has been sitting in production since april 14. backorder date of april 29 got pushed back to may 6.

im beginning to wonder if they will even be receiving more.

inventory seems to be available at many retailers.

The watcher
05-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm mailing up and down with Dell right now, they told me it's going to take till the 6th of June!
So I'm talking about a D20 now.
Please keep me informed about your Dell camera

ocupopper
05-02-2005, 01:54 PM
when did you order? on dells forums it sounded like some people received them last week.

The watcher
05-02-2005, 02:44 PM
April 24th black edition body only

cheese
05-03-2005, 01:08 PM

You should see some of their other deals that they've had. 750 off notebooks 1500 and up, 380 dollars for a 750 dollar lcd. Dell has really insane deals. The one going on the xt is tiny compared to the ones they have on dell products. I love dell.

The watcher
05-03-2005, 01:15 PM
I liked Dell too, because my XPS Gen 2 had 40% off :D
But with my Rebel XT black they just messed around!
They kept on telling me it was going to ship...
I cancelled :mad: My camera will be here in 2 days!
Ok, it's $100 more, but it will be here!

eagle17
05-05-2005, 01:48 PM
watcher, I ordered the rebel XT in black and was told this

Estimated Ship Date: Monday, April 25, 2005

Sub-Total $684.10
Shipping and Handling $12.00

Tax $0.00
Total $696.10

then this,
336624897 and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 05-05-2005.

then yesterday this,
associated orders until on or before 05-12-2005.
Please be aware that due to Federal Trade Commission rules, we must have your consent to continue with the order despite the delay.

Fortunatly I own a 20D that is my main camera so it is not a big deal.

they only had a few black models come in, and a ton of silver models...

ohh well . I am not in that big of a hurry as long as they do not charge me untill the unit ships.

The watcher
05-05-2005, 02:06 PM
When did you order it?

I'm leaving the 13th of May.
I was an exchange student from Europe.
The prices backhome are a lot more, so I just needed it fast!
Dell promised me that, but they kept on changing the shipping date!
I will have my camera tomorrow :D Not from Dell :cool:

The watcher
05-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Update: Got my camera right now!

Pc Nation shipped it with their free 3day in 2 days!!
I love the camera! I'm going to shoot tonight at the presentation of Ami Vitale :) (For people that don't know who she is, she is a World Press photo winner, and a Canon Female PhotoJournalist Grand winner!)

TheObiJuan
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Congrats! I just got my 20D today!
lots of joy in this forum.

ralniv
05-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Ordered the silver XT with 18-55mm lens kit on May 14th. The Dell website is reporting that it is also backordered. Expected ship date is noted as the end of May.

I used coupon codes from slickdeals.net to get a nice price for this baby.

base price $999
-15% (-$149.85)
-$90 (-$90.00)
-2% (-$15.18) --> new Dell credit card account
-------------------------------------------------
$743.97 + $0.00 for shipping + tax

The thread title says $849 from Dell Home, but you can get below $800 pretty easily. I'm not a fan of Dell PCs, but I do love their deals on cameras and big LCD monitors. :)

gabester
05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
These coupons, together, will take it down to $759:

NWF4LF71ZKGMBK
79VT3767HP833W

Hurry, though.

2150-bye
05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
thanks , got an xt for my wife . Money saved will go for Tamron 28-75 lense.