PDA

View Full Version : Rebel XT body only (black) availability?

schmoppa
04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
I have been scouring shops online, and even a brick and mortar store. That store had one in stock, supposedly they held it for me but then I found out today it was being held for someone else who had priority because even though he bought the black body kit already, decided that he didn't want the kit. Somehow he had a hookup with a manager and got the one I was going to get.

It's hard to search for black body-only Rebel XTs online. Usually the description on the search engines like resellerratings don't specify the color, and even some of the shops don't either.

Does anybody know of anywhere that has a black body-only available, that doesn't say "available 7-10 days" ?

How rare exactly is the black body non-kit?

I don't think silver looks bad, but I think I would prefer the subtler black color, if possible.

TheObiJuan
04-05-2005, 04:02 PM
have you looked on ebay?
my favorite stores are all out.

schmoppa
04-05-2005, 05:02 PM
have you looked on ebay?
my favorite stores are all out.

yeah, I've looked, but I hestitate to buy a new camera thru eBay. look at this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43454&item=7505854126&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

looks alright, but it's from Brooklyn, and I wouldn't feel safe buying from them.

I suppose I can wait a bit to buy this. I hope the black run isn't limited...

schmoppa
04-05-2005, 05:04 PM
in fact, I'll probably wait to buy from someone like B&H (I plan on moving to NYC metropolitan area soon anyways). What if I find I have an unacceptible number of hot pixels, or some other strange condition that may be hard to return through the mail?

How good is B&H for these types of returns?

24Peter
04-05-2005, 05:40 PM
I ordered mine from Dell (by phone - the camera wasn't listed on the website). It should be here Thursday. They had black bodies and kits when I called last week. Free shipping. Tell them you'd like a coupon for 15% off (the rep I spoke to gave me one so I ended up paying $849 for the kit.) Best of all - 21 day full money back guarantee.

Check with B&H about their return policy before you buy from them. They recently gave me a hard time about returning a tripod that was defective even though it was within the 14 day time period they advertise.

TheObiJuan
04-05-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't have any on mine, I suppose I am lucky. Even if you do, it doesn't matter. It is a pixel out of a hundred thousand.