PDA

View Full Version : My pictures seem soft

justenuff
04-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Is there a trick to taking super sharp pictures? My pictures are in focus and seem great to my wife and family, but compared to some other digital pictures that people have sent to me, I think my shots seem a bit soft. Is it a limitation of the camera or is it operator error? I have both a Cannon A70 and a Cannon SD200 and take in P mode all the time and the picture qualities are the same. Is there a setting on the camera for super sharp pictures?

Or are some cameras just sharper than others? My A70 just started acting up with horizonal lines across the pictures so it may be time for a new camera.

Thanks for any advice.

kornhauser
04-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm also very critical of my pictures when my wife and daughter are not.

There are several things that may not be camera related that you might consider...

First, what type program are you opening your pictures with? What's the resolution on your computer monitor? Is your system operating at 32bits color? What about your video card?

My monitor is not that great and my pictures sometimes appear soft too. Seems when they get printed out, viewed on a higher dollar monitor or get sent for developing, the picture quality is much better!

gary_hendricks
04-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Taking sharp pictures is a matter of practice and immersing yourself in this photography hobby. Here's a list of tips (http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/digital-photography-tips.html) to help you get started. :)