PDA

View Full Version : digitalfotoclub.com and 17th street photo

ReF
04-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Hi, i've been itchin' to buy a lens and digitalfotoclub.com had the lowest price + a good rating on sites like epinions.com, but the customer reviews are a bit "scary." I was thinking of paying a bit more and getting it from a place with better reviews like 17th street photo (17photo.com). anybody have any experience with these guys? any opinions in general? has anybody tried sigma4less.com? thanks!

jamison55
04-01-2005, 03:12 AM
I have bought a few items from 17photo, and have always had a great experience.

ReF
04-01-2005, 03:49 AM
wow, you're up early... or really late. thanks for the response. how are they on speed of delivery? ever experience any kind of delays with them? reason i'm asking is because i'm hoping to get something from them by next thursday using 2 day shipping. thanks

spierson
04-15-2005, 04:05 PM
I just got done buying a sigma 100-300 f/4 lens from Sigma4less.com and I think that they were very good. I noticed the company was in Brooklyn NY, but I wanted to try them out anyway. I ordered late a night, so the order went out next day, $19.95 for UPS ground 3-4 days. They did call me up to "confirm" my order and asked me if I wanted to buy a 7 year extended warranty because they were having a sale on them. I said no, and that was the end of it. My order was shipped and I got it on the fourth day. I give them a HUGE A++++ for their price, an A for their costumer service, and an A or the all around experience. I would order again.

ReF
04-16-2005, 11:08 PM
thanks! maybe i'll give them a try (and expect a phone call i guess) the next time i need to get a sigma.