PDA

View Full Version : dead battery?

dx7630
08-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I received a DX7630 from Amazon.com last week. When I first got it charged the battery and everything seemed fine... it was taking great pictures and all. So Saturday comes around and I'm all happy to try it out on different things outside but it doesn't turn on so I figured the battery was out since I forgot to recharge it since the first time. When I get home I put the battery in the recharger and plugged it in but the red/green indicator light doesn't come on. Does this sound like the battery is dead? The only thing I can think of was I had the camera in an air conditoned car... would that do something? I emailed Kodak but won't hear from them until Monday.. they say the warranty doesn't cover batteries anyway. Just wondering if maybe theres something I can do to revive it since it will take awhile to send it back and get a replacement one.

speaklightly
08-21-2004, 08:31 PM
It sounds as if your battery has turned up its toes. Please check it again and see if it will possibly take a charge. Leave it in the charger overnight, please don't give up easily, you have nothing to loose.

Then, because as you say, the battery may not be covered by the Kodak warranty, take a look at www.ebay.com for a replacement battery.

Sarah Joyce