PDA

View Full Version : VideoDirect.com ,, Any feedback??

zon
03-29-2005, 09:03 AM
I am considering buying a Panasonic DMC-FZ5 from VideoDirect.com. Has anyone dealt with them before? How was the service?

thanks

Xenifide
04-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm dissappointed in the service.

I purchased a part through them on March 11th. The website showed in stock so I called to verify. They said the warehouse did indeed have them and it would ship. I placed my order and two weeks later still had not seen my part so I called and talked to the owner/manager and he said that the warehouse just got them in, it would be to me by the end of the following week. Once again, no part so I called again and they said the warehouse was out, I missed the cut on having it shipped to me and they are waiting for the order to be filled through Panasonic and can't tell me when it'll be shipped. It's now April 14th (over a month since my order) and it hasn't shipped, they don't have it in stock and can't tell me when it will be here.

I'm dissappointed because I ordered through them because they were $70 less than others and I thought I would have it. I am going to purchase through someone else and spend the extra $$ but at least I'll have the product within the week, rather than having to wait who know's how much longer.

Just my 2 cents. They are nice and professional people, but that's only one side of Great Customer Service, because they fail at the other side of it.

Xen

Xenifide
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Just got the lense in today, May 3rd.

It was supposed to be here yesterday, but given that I've already waited 6 weeks past when I was told it would be here, I wasn't too bothered by one more day. :P

Anyhow, they packaged it very well and I did finally get the product. Although I'm still very dissapointed in the time it took to deliver!