PDA

View Full Version : Pod - 03/28/2005

speaklightly
03-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Today's Picture of the Day features the very dramatic Oregon Coast line, just south of Gold Beach, Oregon. Here is the link:

www.digicamlady.smugmug.com/gallery/452874

Sarah Joyce

sherlock
03-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey,

Great shot despite the high contrast between the rocks and clouds. Just breathtakinig.

Andrew S.

JTL
03-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Wow! A beautiful shot on many levels...as well as being technically difficult to pull off so effectively...

The way that the horizon just melts into an ethereal mist...

Inspiring!

D Thompson
03-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Wow! Beautiful shot. Thank you for sharing it.

Dennis

Mr. Peabody
03-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Wow!

What a marvelous shot!

Too bad, I don't have the beautiful scenery around me to take those types of shot.

I live in the Great Plains area.

Thanks for sharing it.

I always enjoy clicking on your links to see pics.

D70FAN
03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Wow!

What a marvelous shot!

Too bad, I don't have the beautiful scenery around me to take those types of shot.

I live in the Great Plains area.

Thanks for sharing it.

I always enjoy clicking on your links to see pics.

Are you kidding? There are a ton of old farms in your neck of the woods, and some great fields.

Just look around you.

speaklightly
03-29-2005, 06:13 AM
George-

I agree very much with your statement. Every area has its own unique features. The challenge for us, is to photograph them in a way that conveys their own unique character.

Sarah Joyce

Mr. Peabody
03-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, you're right. I wish I lived on the coast though. I love the ocean.

George, since you mentioned it, I'm going to keep an eye out for some Old Farms. Great idea.

D70FAN
03-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah, you're right. I wish I lived on the coast though. I love the ocean.

George, since you mentioned it, I'm going to keep an eye out for some Old Farms. Great idea.

Ok. ;) ...

...where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain...

We drove my son crazy singing this while passing through Oklahoma on I-40 on September 13, 2001, returning from vacation in New York and Washington D.C. Unfortunately, only my second time through that state. I remember seeing some farms that I would have liked to stop and shoot, but I only had 4 days to get back to Californee. ;) If I remeber there were also a fair number of indian reservations as well.

My thanks to Rogers and Hammerstein. :D

Mr. Peabody
03-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Good guess!

I do live in Oklahoma.

Boomer Sooner.