PDA

View Full Version : d70 teleconverter 4 tamron 28-300 di

jamiethorpe28
03-26-2005, 07:35 AM
hey does anyone know if i can use a teleconverter with my d70 and the tameron 28-300 di lense?? anything will be appreciated guys :o

D70FAN
03-26-2005, 11:22 AM
hey does anyone know if i can use a teleconverter with my d70 and the tameron 28-300 di lense?? anything will be appreciated guys :o

I don't see why not. There might be some vignetting at wider apertures, but it should work.

Samuel Lo
03-27-2005, 08:52 AM

I think you should better check your manual of Tamron. Because the rear group of some Zoom Lenses will go further back and touch the glass of the teleconverter, not just the problem of vignetting. It will damage both the Lens and teleconverter. For example the Nikon AF-S 17-35mm cannot be used is due to this reason.

D70FAN
03-27-2005, 05:16 PM
I think you should better check your manual of Tamron. Because the rear group of some Zoom Lenses will go further back and touch the glass of the teleconverter, not just the problem of vignetting. It will damage both the Lens and teleconverter. For example the Nikon AF-S 17-35mm cannot be used is due to this reason.

Just out of curiosity why would you use a 17-35 with a teleconverter? ;)

sherlock
03-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Just out of curiosity why would you use a 17-35 with a teleconverter? ;)

Hey,

I don't see the point either, but I think that Samuel Lo was just giving an example of a lens that cannot be used with a teleconverter because of the rear lens element.

Andrew S.

D70FAN
03-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey,

I don't see the point either, but I think that Samuel Lo was just giving an example of a lens that cannot be used with a teleconverter because of the rear lens element.

Andrew S.

Yup, I think you are correct. Now we need to know which lenses in the higher tele range don't match up either.

Thanks guys.

Samuel Lo
03-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Hey,

Andrew S.

Thanks Andrew, it's what I mean, it's just an example.