PDA

View Full Version : S1 IS Teleconverter Help....

Ghostrider
08-20-2004, 11:33 AM
I just purchased a Canon teleconverter lens for my S1 IS. The camera will not auto focus with the lens attached. I am using the Canon adapter with no filters and attaching as per the manual and have the camera set for full telephoto. The camera focuses fine without the teleconverter. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Rhys
08-20-2004, 12:55 PM
I just purchased a Canon teleconverter lens for my S1 IS. The camera will not auto focus with the lens attached. I am using the Canon adapter with no filters and attaching as per the manual and have the camera set for full telephoto. The camera focuses fine without the teleconverter. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Have you accidentally pressed the Manual Focus button?

Ghostrider
08-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks Rhys for the reply but no I haven't. I did find my problem though. Apparently Canon make two teleconverters with the same number only one has a "B" suffix. I got the wrong one !!! I needed the one with the "B" suffix instead of the one I got. Let this be a heads up for other perspective buyers. The only one that will work on an S1 IS is a TC-DC52B.

buzz
08-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Ghostrider
I have been trying to find someone who has the TC-DC52B . Have you got the b model one yet? Just wondering if it takes good pictures or not. I'm thinking about getting one. Please post some if you have em.

Thanks
buzz