PDA

View Full Version : Olympus C-7070 review

wingsley
03-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Dear Jeff,

I was a little surprised you did not include the following in your review of the Olympus C-7070WZ camera:

1: No comparison with Canon PowerShot G6

2: No table comparing the weights and dimensions of a wide assortment of in-class cameras, like you did in the past

3: No listing of the file size (in megabytes) of different image formats and resolutions; you did this occasionally in the past

I'm sorry to bellyache at you like this, but I wanted to give you feedback because I may buy a new digicam in the next 1-4 months, if the $$$ is available for it. Two leading candidates are the C-7070WZ and the PowerShot G6.

By the way, I love your recent shoots at Stanford. I visited Stanford/Palo Alto in August 2003 (about the time of the super-storms and blackout back East) when I enrolled for a Final Cut Pro course at Digital Media Academy. (I took the course in a computer lab/classroom on the ground floor of Myer Library at the dead-end of Escondido.) The ground was parched and the grass all dead then. It's nice to see what it looks like when everything is all greened up. If you ever want to, you could become a pro news photographer!

Keep those reviews coming. I would also like to see you review part or all of iLife 2005.

Jeff Keller
03-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Dear Jeff,

I was a little surprised you did not include the following in your review of the Olympus C-7070WZ camera:

1: No comparison with Canon PowerShot G6

2: No table comparing the weights and dimensions of a wide assortment of in-class cameras, like you did in the past

3: No listing of the file size (in megabytes) of different image formats and resolutions; you did this occasionally in the past

1. I don't consider them in the same class. The G6's lens starts at 35mm versus 27mm for the C-7070.

2. I compared the cameras which I thought were the closest to the C-7070WZ

3. I can only do that when the manufacturer provides that data. Olympus isn't one of them.