PDA

View Full Version : Folder Inactivity

speaklightly
03-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I am very interested in the Nikon D-70, but I have noticed that there has been real slump in the activity within this folder. Have folks lost interest in the Nikon D-70 due to the fact that it is 6mp instead of the 8mp being offered by all of the following:

Canon 350 XT
Canon 20D
Olympus E-Volt 300

Personally I think the Nikon D-70 is STILL a great dSLR. Do any of you D-70 users still feel that way? Frankly, I just cannot account for this real slump in Nikon D-70 interest.

Fill me in, please. Give me some feed back.

Sarah Joyce

D70FAN
03-24-2005, 10:35 PM
I am very interested in the Nikon D-70, but I have noticed that there has been real slump in the activity within this folder. Have folks lost interest in the Nikon D-70 due to the fact that it is 6mp instead of the 8mp being offered by all of the following:

Canon 350 XT
Canon 20D
Olympus E-Volt 300

Personally I think the Nikon D-70 is STILL a great dSLR. Do any of you D-70 users still feel that way? Frankly, I just cannot account for this real slump in Nikon D-70 interest.

Fill me in, please. Give me some feed back.

Sarah Joyce

I can't speak for the rest, but I think that after a year of seeing and producing great pictures, we already know that the D70 is a great camera, so we tend to be out shooting rather than worrying about whether our cameras are worth the price of admission.

All of the cameras you listed are good (well maybe the E-300 is a piker), so what's the big deal? You have seen what the D70 can do, what's left to prove? I've already expressed my opinion, and feel that the 350D is a great improvement over the 300D, but not up to the feature set and ergonomics of the D70.

So quiet means there isn't anything to talk about that hasn't already been covered. We could discuss the D2X, but no one on this board would have a clue.

See you up on the dSLR and photos boards.

speaklightly
03-25-2005, 05:02 AM
George-

I must apologize, if I came across incorrectly. My point was simply: the D-70 is a great dSLR. If we shared more D-70 photos and information, perhaps we could get more activity within the folder. I personally feel that folks learn more, appreciate their D-70's more, and are motivated to explore more of the potentials of the D-70, when there is active sharing within the folder.

You noted something along the same lines with regard to the Kodak SLR folder awhile back. The Pentax SLR folder is suffering the same inactivity right now.

So, once again, George, I certainly did not mean to ruffle or offend, at all. I offer my sincere apologies, and will hope that you will understand where I was coming from with my post.

Sarah Joyce

D70FAN
03-25-2005, 07:10 AM
George-

I must apologize, if I came across incorrectly. My point was simply: the D-70 is a great dSLR. If we shared more D-70 photos and information, perhaps we could get more activity within the folder. I personally feel that folks learn more, appreciate their D-70's more, and are motivated to explore more of the potentials of the D-70, when there is active sharing within the folder.

You noted something along the same lines with regard to the Kodak SLR folder awhile back. The Pentax SLR folder is suffering the same inactivity right now.

So, once again, George, I certainly did not mean to ruffle or offend, at all. I offer my sincere apologies, and will hope that you will understand where I was coming from with my post.

Sarah Joyce

Sarah, I may have come accross a little gruffy myself. I think most of the activity on the Nikon dSLR board has moved to the Photo and dSLR board, as most D70 users know their cameras pretty well. Since the DCRP is very much a pro Canon site, and since Nikon seems to design their equipment right the first time, there isn't a whole lot to talk about.

If I want a Nikon pep talk I wander over to the Nikonians site.