PDA

View Full Version : Canon battery charger, life, and display?

TheObiJuan
03-23-2005, 12:39 AM
I charged my battery in the neat little wall charger. At first a red LED was lit, then after an hour +, a green one. I assumed that the battery was done. Then I put it in my 350D and the battery Icon appeared. So I put it back on the charger, and it showed RED, as in not charged??
So now it sits charging....

Also, the display does not estimate how many minutes are left, so how does one know?

D70FAN
03-23-2005, 06:06 AM
I charged my battery in the neat little wall charger. At first a red LED was lit, then after an hour +, a green one. I assumed that the battery was done. Then I put it in my 350D and the battery Icon appeared. So I put it back on the charger, and it showed RED, as in not charged??
So now it sits charging....

Also, the display does not estimate how many minutes are left, so how does one know?

One doesn't know exactly. The battery icon should have 3 or 4 segments that give you an idea of remaining charge in percentage. With the D70 the final segment means change the battery soon. ;)

gary_hendricks
03-23-2005, 08:02 AM
You can't tell the progess of the battery charging - its simplt the red light and green light.