PDA

View Full Version : Shooting RAW images? Polarizer Filters?

Bluedog
03-22-2005, 07:46 PM
How often do you shoot in RAW vs JPG or do you use the RAW/embedded JPG option?

Probably what percentage, just guess, of the beautiful sky blue images are accomplished with a polarizer filter? Or are these edited RAW's?

It was pretty easy in my Minolta 7000i SLR days to achieve this with a circular polarizer but was just wondering the best how to with a DSLR.

Thanks

eagle17
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
I have started shooting raw plus small jpg. the small jpg is just for quick view or web posts but I always convert from raw now...

as far as polerizer I do both I find it really easy to get the colors I want with photoshop and a few plugins like nikon color efx pro.

it really depends on my mood and the day if I use a polorizer it is probably outdoors and sunny which means I will be shooting with enough light for the extra stop the filter adds.

D70FAN
03-23-2005, 07:06 PM
How often do you shoot in RAW vs JPG or do you use the RAW/embedded JPG option?

Probably what percentage, just guess, of the beautiful sky blue images are accomplished with a polarizer filter? Or are these edited RAW's?

It was pretty easy in my Minolta 7000i SLR days to achieve this with a circular polarizer but was just wondering the best how to with a DSLR.

Thanks

I don't like using a polarizing (or even UV Haze) filter on the lens which is why I bought a D70. Generally, great color right from the camera (with the right lens). If colors need a little punch Photoshop can take care of it. So none of my beautiful blue skies are achieved with a filter. :)