PDA

View Full Version : Nikon ML-L3 Remote

ChiJack
03-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Can anyone supply me with directions for using this item with a Nikon D-70? None are supplied by Nikon and I am afraid I am not clever enough to have figured it out as of yet. Thanks in advance.

D70FAN
03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Can anyone supply me with directions for using this item with a Nikon D-70? None are supplied by Nikon and I am afraid I am not clever enough to have figured it out as of yet. Thanks in advance.

Press, and hold, the continuous mode button to the left of the viewfinder and to the right of the BKT (bracketing) button (looks like multiple pages).

Click the rear thumbwheel about 4 clicks counter-clockwise while looking at the top mounted info LCD. You will see the icon change from single, to continuous, to timer, to timed remote, to remote. Now you are ready to use the remote. This is how you change to timer mode and continuous shooting mode as well.

You may have to go into the menu to set the time to remote sensor shut-off (#25 on the CSM (custom) menu).

Remember that the remote is infra red so you will have to hold the remote in the area of the front upper left (looking at the back of the camera) of the camera. Just above the D70 logo.

Have fun.

kshoari
03-21-2005, 08:03 PM

It's pretty simple, and you can actually find all the information you need on pages 107-110 of the D70 manual.

cavmpc
01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
What about the D-300? I can't find anything in the manual about using the ML-L3 with the D-300. Does this remote work with it?

britkev
01-10-2009, 04:28 PM
What about the D-300? I can't find anything in the manual about using the ML-L3 with the D-300. Does this remote work with it?

Nope - You need the ML-3, which ain't cheap, or search the big auction site for the Photix Cleon.

rawpaw18
01-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Here is a thread about what Rooz discovered.

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36942&highlight=d300+remote